Authenticator problem

Hi to make a long story short I got hacked and got account back but some one at blizzard put an authenticator on account and did not take it off. You say put in another ticket won’t work too may tickets in because I could not get in to account to update ticket so had to put new tickets in to answer questions it a catch 22 .

Have you tried submitting a ticket without being logged in? You’ll just need to provide ID to prove it’s you.

3 Likes

Yes had to do that to prove it was my account which is now unlocked but they didn’t take off authenticator.

If you got into the account, you should be able to remove the authenticator from your account page.

I had to do this when my physical authenticator crapped out on me a couple years ago.

What you want to do is a new ticket, make it clear that it’s a followup, and ask them to remove the authenticator.

Also, that authenticator wasn’t added by Blizzard; I guarantee you that it was added by the hackers. If they were able to do that, they must have had access to your email inbox or phone number, since one or the other is required to add an authenticator to the account.

3 Likes

Copy and paste this link and see if you can remove it.

https://account.blizzard.com/security#authenticator

1 Like