Aufwiedersehen

Yadda, yadda, yadda;

wHaT dOeS tHiS hAvE tO dO wItH tHe sToRy?!

Well my intense dissatisfaction with the story. Coupled with my immense distaste for Blizzard Entertainment.

But I think anyone who posts here knows we have a fairly insular community. I burned down my discords, even my guild’s one which I would regret as a lovely Columbian guy put that together but he’s been MIA in FF since last summer.

There’s a lot of you who’s correspondence I really appreciated. I came here more to discuss ideas with people I enjoyed talking to more than any love of WoW.

So feel free to reach me at;

Benediction (GM of TDC)#2483

If you want to shoot the ish. I’d change the name but I can’t even sort of be bothered to dig up my password for it.

So if you’ve ever liked my correspondence or hated it I’d love to hear from you. I might pop in and out as developments leak out but I do think it’s time I resigned this game to the grave of memory. That’s where it ought’ve stayed in the first place but my quarter life crisis obsession with rediscovering uncomplicated fun sure did confirm uncomplicated is only a concept that existed only in marketing and basic tasks.

So hit me up if you like.

Auf Wiedersehen translates roughly fo ‘I’ll see you around’. Hope I can say that for the people who’s conversations I’ve really enjoyed in my time here. And for WoW in general.

I do think it’s about time we’ve moved passed Azeroth. At least I feel it’s my time to do so. But it’s indelible mark on my imagination, all the adventures I’ve had in it, and fascinating conversations I’ve had around it are things I wouldn’t forget even if I could.

Hope to talk to some of you, sometime.

36 Likes

So this couldn’t be posted elsewhere because? Ah right, the attention. General would have drown you out.

2 Likes

Just for you to comment. That’s the sole reason. Congratulations you win a prize. I’ll give you coordinates as to where you’re able to dig it up if you’re willing to go just a bit farther.

26 Likes

So no real answer huh? Don’t worry, I’ll supply the attention you so desperately crave.

Benedikt is part of the story forum community, people here know who he is. Who are you?

37 Likes

You know something is off when you start calling yourself a community over a subforum.

1 Like

What is off?

1 Like

Thanks I could really use the bump. I’m hoping to get the attention of the, maybe 7, or so people I actually respect so we might be able to continue correspondence elsewhere.

I really do appreciate you smooth brained malcontents. How would publicity even work without you? God bless people who don’t read but have strong thoughts about headlines.

10 Likes

You’ve literally never posted in the Story Forums, so between you and Benedikt, I think the only one craving attention is you. Congratulations, you got it.

Also mog your damn gear, you look like a nightmare.

28 Likes

I’ve always appreciated (and been jealous of) your dry humor in your posts. It’s been nice reading your stuff.

13 Likes

I’ll be sure to reach out to you with an unnecessarily hostile disagreement.

8 Likes

Sad, I consistently enjoyed your posts.

5 Likes

I’ll miss you, Benny. You can keep the horses. I’ll stay on this side of the river.
:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I will miss your posts. Your enthusiasm for Forsaken lore was contageous. I actually created my first Forsaken character because of you. :grinning:

2 Likes

But if I may before I just unload on any further distractions, I’ve really enjoyed a lot of conversation here. And particularly now it would frequently veer off into conversations about the history of the fantasy genre, histography of the culture involved, market demographics or even just snarky verbal jousting matches.

I’m the sort of pre-aged millenial who’ll gripe about social media. I still remember the exact moment I burned Twitter. I was having a conversation with this ethically Wampamnaog guy living in Bermuda who’s ancestors were sold off into slavery. And we were taking about King Philip’s War and how bizarre the history of the Americas were. Like my bloodline only survived the fire that was Europe in the first half of the 20th century because a bunch of Prussians decided to fight for the Union. And having read what exists of their correspondence it was fascinating to see how these hardened mercenaries were shook upon getting down south and seeing American slavery. My great, great cousin Klaus’s reaction to slaves was something else. “They’ve beaten men into tools. It all must be burned”. He was shot dead during the Battle of Atlanta. If reincarnation is a thing I choose to believe he was me.

But point is this fascinating conversation I had about the history of the Americas. How a native son was born miles away and indifferent, while the son of mercenaries and tempest tossed refugees views any sighting of a bald eagle with near religious significance. The history of the USA is the wildest ish I’ve ever read about.

But I couldn’t have that conversation. We were drown out by countless people all barking how our failure to acknowledged XYZ was something or other. To this day I’m mad that guy and I never comfinued the conversation because there was such a mutual fascination. How did the sons of Germanicus and Metacomet find themselves worlds away from their ancestral land?

And I love these forums because I’ve had those discussions, insofar as they relate to WoW. Sans interruptions. Maybe it’s because of personal distance as we’re portrayed as fantasy creatures but I’ve had such fascinating conversations.

And believe it not I only wrote this because I hope we can still be friends, or at least correspondents.

11 Likes

To be perfectly honest the statements about how some of you will miss me is profoundly touching.

Someone is cutting onions, clearly. It means a lot to know I wasn’t just an idiot shrieking into the aether and people will miss my opinion on this.

Obviously this isn’t my life’s work. But the idea people legitimacy respected my half edited rantings about this setting- well thank you for letting me know it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

That means more than you know.

5 Likes

I’ll miss talking with you, Benedikt. Hopefully I didn’t bore you to much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Get back in the discord, you tease.

3 Likes

I have to say that the forum is losing some serious talent with your departure - but I think it’s getting to be about that time for most of us.

You should see me reaching out on Discord soon (assuming that I’m correct in seeing that as a discord tag).

6 Likes