Auction house ruined!

I am not liking this new auction house. Aesthetically it is pleasing however it is not friendly to big sellers. It has become way to tedious posting multiple stacks of crafting mats (most people crafting do not want or need to buy a stack of 200, maybe they just need 5 to get what they need). Now, we have to post a stack, drag the item over again, post again, drag again, post again and so on. I and many of my fellow guildies have been heavy in the auction house for roughly 15 years. We post in the thousands and I can all but guarantee we are not the only ones. Auctioning items is a very big part of WoW. Thank you Blizz for taking a big ol dump on our game play!

5 Likes

I don’t know about any of the changes but does the issue occur even if you’re using the Auctioneer addon, like placing in the post tab and just shotgunning the auction button after choosing your desired stack amount?

My wife and I have been using Auctionator and it is not yet updated. We are hoping they will update soon. Let us know if Auctioneer is working…although I doubt it will without update being Blizz completely overhauled the AH :frowning:

I see what you mean. Looking at the Auctioneer curse page, work continues on the 8.3 compatible version.

2 Likes

I suspect that the base AH will be better for buyers than the old one, but none of it will be very good until they knock all the bugs out.

After stuff stabilizes, there will probably be lots of room for add-ons to improve the experience, particularly on the seller side.

1 Like

I have heard from in game players that the new AH is friendlier to buyers but buyers will not have much to buy if the sellers are disgruntled.

2 Likes

“Big sellers” merely take the existing merchandise and add on a profit layer. They are nothing but parasitical to the economy. The same stuff will be farmed, it will just be cheaper on average without the added graft. This is like people claiming healthcare would somehow get more expensive without insurance companies.

Disgruntle away.

Unfortunately I doubt this will inconvenience them more than temporarily. If your only goal in game is to leech gold into a big pile from people who are just trying to play so that isn’t their goal, you’ll eventually succeed.

8 Likes

LMAO okay dude. Where I agree with your healthcare comment completely you are completely wrong about sellers. Yes, some are greedy but a lot of us simply farm and sell. I for one farm mats and old school items and post at fair prices. Effectively making gold for my efforts in farming. Also, without us sellers and those of us who go out and farm the items to sell the buyers would have nothing to buy. Sounds to me like you are one of the players who are bad with their gold and expect others to make it easier for them. I will agree that there are people who go in and buy up items in the AH for fair prices and then re-post for a huge profit at the expense of others which is a tactic I 100% do not support. However most of us simply farm and / or craft then sell.

3 Likes

I can’t compete with a multi boxer using a exploit to gather an unfair amount of materials with one node click. But will they ever do anything about these cheaters? Probably not,they created this problem with cross realm and multiple tap nodes over one node one deposit from before.Unless you gather and craft your own pots you suffer a loss if you buy mats in AH.

1 Like

Sure you can. Don’t gather. Buy their cheap mats and craft instead.

not so simple some people buy it cheap then flip higher. If you buy mats to make pots you take a real loss.

I completely agree.

I think purchasers can buy just the amount the amount they want by putting that number in the “Quantity” box, regardless of the size of the stacks that the sellers posted. I haven’t played with it enough yet but if I understand it correctly, the new system should be easier for sellers as well as buyers. No more need to consider the stack size when you post items.

3 Likes

Not really.
I went to purchase 200 Anchor Weed and somehow it bought out the entire stack and I lost 200k.

On a server where flasks move slowly and at much lower prices than other servers.

This new AH is a complete and utter wreck. My sales have tanked, my gold has disappeared, and the costs of almost everything have tanked.

It was hard enough keeping up with multiboxers, but this is getting ridiculous.

1 Like

you just drag the first item into box and type the amount of item below then done. All I do when I post 800 winterkiss is type 800

2 Likes

I always check the total price before I click buyout just to make sure I didn’t make a mistake (way out of price range I was expecting)

I think that was the goal, to make it better for buyers and harder for mass sellers.

3 Likes

But it isn’t only bad for mass sellers. The deposits numbers are wildly inconsistent and when selling armor and transmog items, the name of the game is pricing and undercutting - and this tries to eliminate that. I am not an AH person by nature, but I do sell off any and all excess I have (I play too much).
Trying to sell a stack of augment runes for example was a deposit of about 70 gold for a stack that’s only going to sell for 250. So, if it doesn’t sell in 2-3 cycles I lose money…meanwhile I put epic purples up for sale at 4k each and they only have 1-2gp deposits.
I understand trying to slow the wholesalers, but make it a little more consistent so the everyday Joe isn’t losing money on the little bit they sell.

3 Likes

Good. Maybe people will go out and play the game vs hitting cancel and repost all day.

2 Likes

This whole new AH and the way its filtering and grouping items and buyers is nothing but a nerf to gold. I went from making 70k a day to under 50k a day just due to how the items are posted and how the AH determines who’s item gets bought. I’ve now taken to just mass buying and monopolizing key items, which I will continue to do until I get warned, which is ridiculous, since the last time I was warned for this was in tbc lol

1 Like