Auction House Much Slower Today - June 16

I craft large quantities of items (enchants, transmogs, item enhancements, etc.) and it is affecting me negatively. If the point of this hotfix was to punish players who buy and relist large quantities of items, then it is not intended to punish me, correct? I think this new hotfix will have a lot of unintended consequences that will upset many players, me included. Please find another way to achieve the goals you listed in your post.

129 Likes

Every addon gives the players using it an advantage over players not using it…I don’t get it?

94 Likes

This is an insane “fix.” Right when we’re all working the AH every minute we play the game to obtain our longbois…jeez. This was fine for the first 15 years of WoW and just now there is a problem with AH Goblin’ing? Incredible timing.

98 Likes

WHAT? this is the most insane ridiculous “fix” you could have implemented. what garbage i am beyond livid. this needs to be changed back there is zero reason for this, its the players who post like this also who drive the economy and HELP the masses to buy things from the AH. way to ruin it.

74 Likes

Its really, really bad.
I just tried to list 120 auctions using TSM. Took 3-4 times as long to first scan for pricing. Throttling seemed to kick in around 50 or so. Slowed to a crawl. Once the scan was completed, i couldn’t use the scroll wheel to mass post. It simply stalled between each listing, waiting then allowed me to post. This basically makes the scroll wheel posting irrelevant.

I had to post all 1200 auctions of mine pretty much 1 at a time. Took WAY TOO LONG.

Its really rather crippling…

57 Likes

Sorry, meant to have my main post in this thread. Apologize for my Classic toon post.

2 Likes

You understand that by limiting the amount of actions people can take for the AH per minute, making it so people who primarily focus on AH as their gameplay experience, you are actually hurting the economy?

When I brought up someone on my server intentionally was crashing markets to drive me out as competition, something they admitted in whispers they were going to do, because they did not want to compete with anyone else, this is the response I got from one of your GMs:

'We consider this AH pvp. It’s no different than any other WoW pvp. Just take advantage of what they’re doing to your benefit :)"

But now you are changing the entire system to hinder people who are either in multiple markets within the AH or do transmogs?

You understand that by limiting actions and making this a frustrating experience for ‘goblins’ - a perfectly valid area of the game to focus on, just as valid as raiding, doing dungeons, questing, etc - that you hurt other players of the game, yes? Like the farmers. Or players on low pop servers who have only one or two consistent consumable people to rely on for raiding (flasks, potions), enchanting/gemming gear, etc.

68 Likes

Well this is crap. How are you supposed to post glyphs, if your going to throttle us after 10?

56 Likes

“Fix” is not the right word for it.

53 Likes

You are punishing far more of the player base than you may realize for simply playing the game in the style they prefer. As someone else said, all addons are intended to give players some kind of advantage as they play.

Completely unacceptable to implement this measure as you have. The speed (or lack thereof) of the AH now is just absurd.

51 Likes

The current “budget” is way too low. It was already too low before today, with the AH being orders of magnitude slower since 8.3. Now, it’s another order of magnitude slower still. I’m having a hard time understanding how this is now a huge problem after 16 years of the game existing. I’m also struggling to see how searching for 12 auctions via an addon would be considered abnormal, yet this now takes almost a minute. People regularly post hundreds of auctions via TSM, which will take hours with this change. Is posting hundreds of auctions which people have crafter / gathered abnormal behavior? If so, this means that Blizzard is saying that anybody who tries to make gold via the AH is not welcome.

I’d love to hear more about what “addon-based automation” you’re referring to, and why you view this as a bigger problem recently than it was in the past. I’ve offered suggestions and expressed my willingness to make changes to TSM to address excessive AH queries on multiple occasions since 8.3, but have yet to hear back from you guys on any these topics. I continue to hope to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. If we are part of the problem, then please just let us know how we can help, rather than stonewalling our suggestions / ideas for changes and breaking all AH addons in the process.

100 Likes

Can we just admit the AH revamp has been a total failure already and revert it back?

43 Likes

there is no reason for me to continue playing as i enjoy the gold farming aspect of this game most. literally won’t stand for this and go through this, i am sure many others would agree - if this is still like this in a month and not reverted i will unsubcribe easily, and i am sure most of the people who drive the economy in this game will do the same.

unacceptable. change this immediately.

66 Likes

This is AWFUL! This is one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen made in this game. You are destroying part of the game that some people ONLY play and will easily lose subs because of it.

We’ve been able to mass post for YEARS thanks to the people at TSM, who have spent countless hours designing an incredible addon and now youre basically making all of their hard work almost useless.

This needs to be reverted. Im furious about this.

50 Likes

That it is intentional is … disheartening. To say the very least.

Honestly, this is an irrelevant reason. Of any given player base in, basically anything, there will always be a subset (minority) of players who focus their play time on a particular game activity and generate the “bulk” of that activity. I’m sure there’s an small subset of players that make up the “bulk” of, for example, RBGs.

Ther’s three points here:

1. As previous posters have said, literally any addon gains that player some advantage when compared to players not using that addon, whether it be TSM, a gathering addon which generates waypoints between known nodes, or anything else.
    There have been addons in the past which have long since broken due to unintended aspects of the API being changed, and I can understand such a change in some scenarios. Which brings me to my second point:
  2. This has literally worked in basically the same way for the greater part of a decade, if not longer, going back to BC and Wrath. Before TSM is was Auctioneer. Why the change now after it has been LONG established that players who focus their time, energy, and monthly subscription money on the auction house are being penalized? The only thing that makes sense is that the problem was too difficult to solve the right way, so this is sweeping the problem under the rug. At least that’s the way it feels.
  3. If this wasn’t sweeping it under the rug, and you’re legitimately looking for feedback, don’t wait until after you break the world to solicit that feedback and gain data points on what the best solution will be to some arbitrary problem which you haven’t fully detailed what that actually is.

That doesn’t help the legitimate players who have been playing the game this way for years. What changed?

1. Revert the hotfix.
  2. Describe the actual problem you’re having to give us some insight into your reasoning for this change.
  3. Solicit feedback from the community on how they play the game, use the AH, what operations could be consolidated. Provide new APIs which simplify the load these players place on the AH.
  4. Implement the changes.
86 Likes

Goldmaking has been my main focus in WoW for the better part of the last decade and I’ve spent 10’s of millions on tokens and bought and sold hundreds of thousands of battle pets over the years.

Playing the AH has kept me playing through WoD, BFA, and every content drought this game has ever brought.

If this limit stay in place then I’m not sure I’ll be as willing to stick it out through the slower parts of the game. Nearly all my AHing is done on servers where the AH is fast, and there aren’t a lot of people slowing it down. This change should be dynamic and throttle people at a slower rate and throttle less at off peak hours as well as on lower pop servers where this limit does nothing but hurt the player base.

Please rethink these changes and do not rush this out in it’s current state, there is right way and a wrong way to fix things. This is a wrong way that just needlessly wastes time for a lot of people and makes it unfun to use the new AH.

51 Likes

I have all the professions across all my characters and regularly craft thousands of items per week. I also search for mats multiple times per day. This change is terrible and severely impairs my preferred play style. Please revert this “fix” for those of us that like to play for the economy.

43 Likes

This has to be one of the dumbest things Blizz has done in a while and they thought Diablo Immortal was a good idea. Please fix this “fix”

37 Likes

Nice way to screw us players over who like to play the way we want to play.

Granted I dont live off the AH, but I do make a decent living buying and selling items.

This hotfix should be rescinded until an acceptable balance can be found.

25 Likes

I noticed you didn’t have as many undercuts this morning :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes