Auction House Listings – August 16

And it totally worked. Region AH is retailing 3k + Prog Essence.

I had 200+ bought at 1500-2k range.

One small realm flip check.

1 Like

Seems that “Region” covers a pretty big area. North American, Brazilian, and Australian realms are all part of the same region.

That’s cool if you are on a higher pop server but all the low pop servers just had all their mat prices absolutely gutted. I had like 3.9 mil listed yesterday and i just relisted it all today for less the 500k GG

2 Likes

I think this was a real bad idea. they should have kept the market place how it was but allow resources to be traded regionally. at least this would bring prices down on that front and help create supplies on those other servers. yesterday the price of a flask on my server was at 480 and now it droped to 270 and keeps dropping. flask making is becoming none profitable at all. in a sense they are killing the professions by doing this act.

some have said that this will help bring more people to buy potions but what they are forgetting is that your no longer auctioning against 1400 people, its more like 10k, if not more. so that price will drop like a rock and people dont want to grind for peanuts, no more then they want to grind for exp. so yeah it might bring more but the negative effect outweighs the positive.

1 Like

Why didn’t they merge the whole AH so small realms had an actual chance at getting world drops? I’m literally about to quit over this. I waited 15 years for them to merge this and they didn’t do it right.

The big benifit to small servers is if you were selling legos. I can now make and sell 291 Legos for 5-8k cheaper.

Basically the middle guy who bought raw materials from the AH and turned them into consumables is gone. It’s only profit by volume going this route and that sounds like work for Bots.

It might be more profitable to farm your raw materials and then turn them to finished products.

The only profit now is to farm your own mats and sell them, orr farm your own mats and sell the finished goods.

Regional AH kills off the middleman buying and finishing raw resources. Being a middleman you have to sell large volumes for profits.

If you were on a large realm, A52 Tichon, etc… raw resources maintained their value. And refined goods also retained their value. Nothing changed for small realms.

The most profitable thing on the AH is Lego sales, TMOG sales, pets and mounts.

And those people who gather (mine, pick, skin, or farm in any way) those raw mats have now been devastated. They’ve ruined the ability to sell valuable items at the price they are worth for the labor (eg. khorium ore/bars) sure its great for all those casuals who come in, try to level up in a day and forget the game next week, or month for the rest of their lives, but what about those who have been here for years and would have liked to be?

Not to mention there are some people who are dependent on being able to sell their products consistently at a fixed fair price in order to amass enough gold to buy their subscription every month. Well those people are not going to be playing any more and I’m currently debating joining them.

Buzzard destroyed my markets back when they merged my dual realms last year with an additional 6 (at least 2-4 of which are from “3rd world countries” that either don’t understand a self sustaining economy, or apparently border on communism, where they believe everything should be "free, or as close to it as possible) and it has been a war to get any substantial gain for the materials I WORK TO GATHER for hours every day. Now its gone from the war which I managed to get a foothole on to an absolute slaughter.

This is the worst move Buzzard has made yet. The AH is more than 50% of the game for myself and others and they just torched it.

4 Likes

read about this update and knew it wasnt going to be good. So i didnt buy dragon flight and probably wont be. It was a fun ride.

1 Like

You’re forgetting just plain letting it sit in the mail system. An easy fix for Auction house bots and addons is to implement a much higher postage fee maybe even a % of the value of posted merchandise. Penalizing cancelled auctions would be another good place to curb automated posting and cancelling

This is the worst idea ever

1 Like

This is the most constructive comment ever lol. You need to expand on it and just maybe solutions can be found to auction house issues.

I can expand on it. No I would not like to pay more to mail things to and from my alts, which I do all the time, many times a day, for no other reason than to cut the profit margin of bots. Luckily they won’t implement something like this.

How about…get rid of the bots. There’s an idea.

But if you get rid of bots, be prepared for a huge price increase on everything.

And when people stop farming the price of mats and stuff made from those mats goes back up. You just have to wait out the adjustment period until the markets find a new equilibrium point.

I notice two things that I encounter everyday . When I post a 291 ring I put it at the same price that the other rings are at and hit the create auction button. I then go to my auctions tab to make sure it registered. I go back to the sell tab and put another ring and sure enough there are one or two other rings a copper cheaper than mine lol. The second thing I notice is when listing raw mats of any kind is there’s always 1 at a reduced price to catch people and make them sell their items at the low price then get instantly bought. Its easy to say ban bots but Blizzard has had bot issues for its entire existence.

1 Like

Just breaking the ability of AH addon’s to automatically cancel/post auctions would fix alot of the issues.

1 Like

I’m scared work orders will get snapped up and the entire system will get bogged down making even harder for both sellers and buyers. Only time will tell.

1 Like

what work orders are you talking about

In TEXT your argument ATTEMPTS to ALLUDE to be addressing a “bot problem” but the stench of “management” is all over it. AS well as the stink of someone who doesn’t sell consistently on the market AT ALL, if ever.

“Hurrdurr, jus raise postage, it hurt bots, hurrdurr, bots will leave!”

Unless you know something I and everyone else doesn’t (and I’m NOT SAYING this couldn’t be entirely TRUE) THAT suggestion not only presumes that more than half the players are bots and that the company absolutely doesn’t care about the new financial burden they will put on people after already devastating the AUCTION HOUSE and driving seller’s, dependent on pricing, to ruin.

Ok ok, you do actually got me on that second part.

Just remember, there are PEOPLE who play the game, who provide mats to the market, who WORK hard at it and EXTRA TAXING and EXTRA POSTAGE makes me think you are ACTUALLY one of the Buzzard inc. management who thought merging all the AUCTION HOUSES together and devaluing the price of EVERYTHING (almost everything) was a “brilliant idea.”

1 Like

Please disable addons manipulating AH. Make players go to AH themselves to interact with it.

1 Like