Auction House Changes 8.3

Goblins who are posting more frequently will have an advantage.

While these changes will undoubtably benefit the consumer (buyers), there will be constant downward pressure on old world mats. I’m not saying you HAVE to be a whale to take advantage of this, but it won’t hurt.

Reminds me of the GW2 Trading Post I suppose, could be good.

3 Likes

It looks pretty decent, but I would prefer a FIFO system instead of a LIFO system.

7 Likes

Me too. I was wondering if they were going to add the option to leave offers to purchase open for potential sellers to browse.

LIFO?

last in first out?

how does that work? all economic logistical models rely on first in first out, it’s how you keep things moving. otherwise you have stuff sitting in storage never moving…

Kaivax explained all the changes here. I think that one is the one that people have the most problem with.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-auction-house-revamp/324822

ah, it seems to be an attempt to reduce undercutting. it won’t stop people from manually doing it intentionally though

1 Like

Yeah, I will probably ditch auction mods as well. It seems like it will by design by the lowest priced items first and automate buying bulk orders across different auctions for me. That was basically all I used the mods for anyways.

1 Like

Seems like the LIFO aspect directly influences people to undercut.

FIFO would drastically increase undercutting. If you know when you post your auction that there’s zero chance of having it bought until all other goods at that price is sold, there is no way you wouldn’t undercut. LIFO (which is essentially how the AH works now) makes it so that there is no distinct advantage to undercutting, as regardless of whether you undercut or post the current market price, your good will be the first to sell at that rate, until someone else posts. Therefore, undercutting only eats into your profit margin, with no incentive to undercut in the first place.

4 Likes

Well…

Im apprehensive. Ive spent a lot of time carving out my niche and selling my goods on auction is… as weird as it sounds… one of my favorite parts of the game.

Im sure ill adjust. I have hope the new way will be better. I dont have time to do any PTR testing so, ill wait till its live to pass final judgement.

1 Like

I checked it out but, how exactly will it remove the need for an add-on? You still need to scan prices. Unless I’m missing something. I can see posting mats will be different. How will it affect mog, mounts, pets?

The only reason LIFO makes any sense is that you don’t need to undercut to get your item to sell. A FIFO would encourage undercutting more.

1 Like

I didn’t read all the patch notes. Is Blizzard trying to copy Auctionator?

Still gonna use TSM

I finally downloaded the PTR and checked out the AH. Really like it so far. Works a lot like the addon Ive been using.

1 Like

Two things that worry me:

1. if same price listings stack - what if I post 1 copper cheaper? is it still going to appear above it still? undercuts are still there?

2. if later listings get sold first, if I post the earliest, would I never sell anything? is it going to be constant war of relisting?

2 Likes

Yes and yes.

2 Likes

I have the same question. Sure it’ll eliminate most add-on needs on the buyer’s side, but how will I know how to price my leather? Is that part of the standard UI now?

It lists like the addon. I doubt I’ll stop using it unless they break it, but its nice to see theyre actually trying to change something for the better instead of the worse for a change.