Attunements and p4

We have 4 of them. My toon is the only one without it. Its good but it isn’t that good.

you can pug the entire thing in a few days
lots of people doing t5

maybe on your server… Without 15k that you can flash to the gdkp leader you ain’t going

A raidteam should have around 30 people and not 25 on the dot though…

1 Like

wouldn’t that be awesome! You sit someone once and they go to one of the 100 guilds that have a roster of 20 people and will give them a guaranteed spot or get sucked into the gdkp blackhole and never escape. Literally no one plays for their guild today.

We have a rotating bench and if those who are benched want to raid anyway that week they pug, but wait until the guild has it fullcleared that day. Why have people in a guild who dont want to play in a guild? We have a roster of 30 or 31 I believe and from p1 to now it only happened once that we had 24/25 due to quetimes.

Maybe its your server or your peoples mentality, but a rotating bench is better than having to replace people / find new people every now and then.

We started that way and then attrition set in at the end of p1 due to it being BORING. Then p2 landed and burnout set in. When you are sitting at 25+ people you are recruiting rotational spots. Why would anyone take a rotational spot when there is 100(sometimes more) guilds spamming for core spots? How do you keep raiders happy that have maintained 100% attendance since BWL and then tell them they have to take a turn on the bench? That doesn’t feel good either. It really becomes a catch 22.

How you keep them happy? I dont know, but so far no one has left our team eventho everyone got benched multiple times by now. I cant speak for your guild, only for mine, but it works and can work and if you dont try it you just dont know it. Why would they leave with 100% attendance for another guild they have zero in? They would be trials, get no loot at worst and waste their time - options are pugs but that doesnt hold strong all the time.

No one wants to miss that rare drop… That is the main issue. Absolutely no one wants to sit on the bench and hear that the item they have been drooling over dropped if they would of gotten it or not. No one thinks about what it would mean to start over. The one I hear the most is that “I am still playing to play with you guys. If I have to sit I might as well cancel my sub”. I have talked to most of the GMs on the server via our server GM discord and they all hear the same thing. Few, if any, have rosters with any depth.

Ok, but if the item drops I want and I am not inside then it means it is one less person who needs it. Maybe people are too focussed on items? I feel like most in my team think just how I do… who cares it’s always going to be minus 1 item of that kind needed and more chances for me later on.

I am close to full bis and I was benched for 2 weeks. It’s not like loot is running away playing with the same people all over. You can’t change people’s mentality I suppose, but then i am atleast glad I got to experience an actual team and not an item chasing loot roulette of drooling animals.

Attunements are fun to do the 1st time… multiple times however…

1 Like

attunements gave you a lore reason to get into the raid and were quite fun to do… once

1 Like

And everyone has done them once… it’s time to remove them

the only one remaining are hyjal and bt and you had over 9 months to do them
in 2-3 months once swp drops there will be none
just wait

I mean I would say make them accountwide. But doing so will cause a bigger problem and that would be the people who actually still need to do them is so tiny that they struggle to even fill a raid to do them at all. Either fully remove or just keep it in until P5 as intended.

ZA is supposed to be the catch up raid for those new people, rerolls, and alts. Whats the point in catching up if you still have to go back and do the old crap to get attuned? It is counter intuitive to have the attunements remain when the catch up raid is introduced.

P5 is soon enough for doing away with the attunements. This isn’t retail where the only thing that matters is the latest raid and keeping attunements for the current content while phasing it out for older content is a good compromise that preserves the TBC spirit without severely impacting new players.

We were told that at the beginning of each phase the previous phase attunements would be removed… Here we are! Remove BT/Hyjal attunements now!

This phase is not a new raid tier. You’re being disingenuous.

The catch up is not supposed to put you straight into T6… removing every reason to do the old raids is how we get retail raiding where the previous tiers might as well not exist when the new ones come out.

1 Like

Pretty sure ZA is a raid… Kara was the main content for p1 so this is no different.