Attunement and the glass cieling

I have been struggling to get my attunements completed but cannot since the server has literally leveled out and everybody is raiding. Finding a heroic group to finish the heroic dungeon quest is a crap shoot with very long odds. I spend 6 hours a day scanning in Lookin For Goupand sometimes try to form a group. if this is the fate of new players on the server then it is pretty much game over for me. Do I have to pay gold to players just to get to the next level of raids? Who do I have to do services for in order to do this. When a server levels out like this, Blizz should allow cross realm instancing in order to fix this issue. I should not have to pay thousands in gold in order to qualify for the next raid.

3 Likes

GTFO with that garbage.

4 Likes

Seems like the appropriate response from a raid-logging 70.

6 Likes

Prove to a guild by interviewing with them that you will be a great asset to them long term and they will help you get to where you need to be. Pug life in TBC and forever on retail will not be your best move. Make some friends. Help someone’s alt with something, be social and it will come back around.

Join a Kara group that regularly clears and make friends there. You have to put in the work to get the prize, nothing is handed to you.

At a bare bare minimum: wait for the daily heroic to be the one you need. Best of luck buddy if you were on Grobb alliance I’d help ya.

9 Likes

The problem is the difficulty of heroics. Some are harder than raids which are supposed to come after them. So typically the ONE run of a place people will do is the run that got their attunement done. They have no reason to ever go back because there’s no rewards that justify the ridiculous difficulty. People that do want badges just farm the easier ones. You can also farm normal dungeons for reputation all the way to exalted, taking away what would have been another reason to run heroics.

3 Likes

Yea the boat left long ago and if you missed it then you missed out on that wave of people.

1 Like

This is the best advice out there. If you are not in a guild, find one, if you are in one, they should be helping you, and if they don’t, time to find a different guild.

3 Likes

have you tried qasking your guild?
being social in a social game helps preventing garbage like crossrealm

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m unable to run enough dungeons for rep to get my TK attune. I spam most nights of the week and all weekend long for hours and beg guildies. I’ve gotten 3 groups in the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

Ignore people disagreeing with you, they’re being difficult because they’re trolls.

You’re absolutely right about attunements for raids being a glass ceiling, i know it’s personally prevented me from doing any t5 content on my non-main 70 characters. There’s simply nobody running heroics on dead and dying realms anymore.

Attunements HAVE to go. They have to. Will they? Probably not. Blizz is too busy rehashing classic wow again for a quick cash grab than improve their games

3 Likes

Transfer to a larger server and play the game once again. And don’t fall behind this time.
TBC is serious business.

It is bad right now, really bad for dungeon groups, although I still see people running normal SP. I wonder where all those characters go after that? Looking at the LFG channel it appears there are more Mag/Gruul pugs than all heroics combined.

LFG dungeon activity was pretty slow by July and then picked up in August before dropping off a cliff. It will come back up at certain points, but probably not till BT/Hyj is on the ptr. New raid tiers seem to generate desire for new characters. It will come back big when ZA and then all the stuff on Sunwell Island get released because of badges.

The problem is that unless you are on one of the mega servers then you already missed the wave of people running heroics for attunements.

Now they are all level 70, attuned, and only log in the game for raid nights. Anyone who started late missed their opportunity to get attuned, unless you can convince a guild to take you.

2 Likes

I am not sure if cross realm would solve the issue. Coming from a mega server I can tell you that most people are deathly afraid of doing heroics in a pug. I don’t know who seeded the idea that heroics > kara or that heroics are “hard” but it is kinda stupid. I see adverts of “Need X for Heroic X, be geared/be a pumper” and I even see people checking logs before inviting to a group.

This is just dumb, just because players can’t aoe and clear a heroic in 10mins, nobody wants to do them without an overgeared pally tank, frost mage and a seed lock…

I think if they added the cross realm dungeon for heroics, players would join, inspect other player, then leave group when they see something they dont like.

It’s worth the $25 to transfer to a mega server. Groups for pretty much everything are going round the clock.

Its unfortunate that the solution costs additional money but it’s a small price to pay to enjoy the game again.

2 Likes

All one would need to do in most cases is show up.

That being said, a lot of my guildies are raid-logging. Some are playing other games during their downtime. Others have work/life responsibilities. The shine has worn off of Classic for many of us. It really is getting to be more challenging, even if you’re in a guild and have in-game friends.

1 Like

I have 3 attuned characters, and I’m leveling a shaman. So yea. Act like you have any idea how other people play.

1 Like

I recently hit 70, and have been spamming dungeons for rep. My groups are full or refilled by the time we make it out of the dungeon and to the summoning stone, usually.

Also, something I’ve noticed is that a lot of people tend to stay for multiple runs.

Which server? And, no offense to you OP, but just because you don’t like your own situation on your server, doesn’t really make it OK for you to have such ill-will towards others, imo. Cross realm would trash the community feel.

Oh, yeah this has been addressed:

2 Likes

they will once sunwell is up so you can leave until then

You’re screwed, OP.