Attention Holy Priests (and Disc Priests) - Kicks

Hey fellow healers. Do any of you guys get kicks (interrupts)? I was just wondering if any of you do. Is it a good way for a holy priest (and disc) to up your game?

1 Like

Intterupts? Well pretty much the only thing you can do is mc, fear, knock back, and if you’re holy you can chastise. Other than those not really anything you can do to intterupt.

1 Like

The only kick you may get as a HPriest is from groups for not being Disc

18 Likes

Holy doesn’t have any interrupts aside from CC, which isn’t technically an interrupt, doesn’t spell lock, doesn’t work on elites immune to CC, can be broken by damage (except for chastise’s stun, if talented), are subject to diminishing returns, and can be countered by enemy players, of course.

1 Like

I think visions and torghast show that healers could use interrupts as well, outside their fear stun etc. This seems to be the way bliz is making content, its about time we got interrupts.

It’s called Wind ShearOnly for the OP class.

3 Likes

ive always been in the mind that Hpriest should have a Brez and Disc should have an interrupt. but having neither feels bad.

3 Likes

In M+ I use Psychic Scream and Shining Force quite a bit. Psychic Scream for interrupting adds + scaring off Spitefuls and Shining Force for the same purpose. Sometimes the tank is getting pounded and needs some breathing space so I punt all the adds away from him with Shining Force. You can use Shining Force on fights like Plaguefalls 1st boss to knock slimes away as well.

Also, there’s undead mobs that can be shackled in a few of the dungeons. I’ll sit there and spam shackle undead on Undead Mages in Necrotic Wake over-and-over so they can’t get their AoE cast off or on the Magus in ToP that do Bone Spear. There’s more annoying undead adds running around NW as well you can just spam shackle on so they can’t cast. For clarification I’m spamming the shackles while the mobs are being attacked so they can still be killed, but they can’t cast or do anything.

Ugh, please no. I already have enough responsibilities. Am I expected to tank as well next?

1 Like

I think it was up until WoD Interrupt was a baseline ability we had silence it would be nice to have that utility back. healing ppl is part of the role you signed up for when you picked healer. you should want the ability to take a more active role in your groups performance.

3 Likes

What he said. It’s a level 35 talent called Censure. I suggest trying it out for a bit and seeing if it fits your playstyle or if you’d rather have the fear reduction or the shining force. I love censure. It has the range that my AE fear doesn’t have. In PVE, I open with it to delay the mob from approaching me. Sometimes I just want to loot a chest without fighting so I stun the elite, loot, and run like heck. I still have AE fear in my back pocket as insurance, you know? In PVP, it’s been a lifesaver at times. Like I said, I can use it to stun from range if mage is loading up their long casting nuke or if someone is trying to rush past on a mount, for example.

Try out it. See if you groove with it.

1 Like

I hear you. I already do a lot besides just heal. I’m often glad I don’t have to worry about being the interrupt as well, tbh.

I mean, we do though as disc priests. Shining Force/Psychic Scream is something we use a LOT to get through higher keys. Having silence would be a godsend, because our current tools that can interrupt kinda suck, but we still have to use them like interrupts.

1 Like

You’re pulling my leg, lol. Everyone knows those abilities glitch mobs and cause adds :wink: Why would your group, with several better interrupts, do that to you? Rude!

Because your group will run out of interrupts. Even if they don’t, you might spot a missed interrupt on something important that they’re missing. Psychic scream shouldn’t pull adds because your DPS should break the fear before it’s able to run off too far, and usually stuff you’re engaged with is slowed for one reason or another. You can break the fear on your own, even if you’re actually concerned. Shining force is just learning how to position so the knockback won’t push into another group, but it’s a really useful ability once you’ve learned. Also good for pushing things out of sanguine, pushing the bomb mobs in plaguefall, etc.

1 Like

using the Nadja tree DoS can become an aoe disorientate. giving us a third pseudo interrupt. but id much rather some hard cc that isnt chains.

Give Disc Silence, remove Mind Blast, and put the damage reduction back on Smite. Heck yeah.

2 Likes

God damn, you’re running with some five head groups. The PUGs I end up in I can’t even reasonably rely on DPS to use their own interrupts half the time, let alone be cognizant enough to snap spot a feared mob running in the wrong direction. Psychic Scream would be a guaranteed way to pull half the dungeon.

3 Likes

I’ll try and get off an early chastise to stun (talented) and damage an enemy to get the ball rolling. But for most part, it’s on DPS to control that because they have shorter cooldowns, and an actual interrupt for casts.

I’ve been running with Pug 9-12 groups this week. The past couple weeks has been undergeared guild groups for raids because I was able to get the highest keys.

Keep in mind, this is an emergency interrupt. You’re likely fearing something directly in the group’s view, and they can break the fear just with cleave. Even if you were to pull extra mobs, in a +11 that’s better than letting a wipe-inducing cast go off and drop everyone to 10%. Most people understand what you’re doing when a fear goes off isn’t just hitting it because a mob switched aggro to you or something when you have a significantly better tool (fade) for that.

Both these skills are also ridiculously useful for Spiteful this week.