Attention Blizzard and Disc Priest Devs: Improve Disc

I feel strongly that Blizzard ought to up the damage and damage buff of Schism by 20%. Second they ought to up the damage and healing of Smite by 15%. Last, they ought to reduce the mana cost of Shadow Mend by 30%.

I have no idea exactly how much these changes would help bring them up to snuff with a holy paladin, but they would be a good starting place.

Do you agree or not? Why? Please explain your thoughts.

Buff all damage spells 20% should be good enough.

And buff Lenience to 10%.

2 Likes

Lenience to 10% would be insane.

Forgetting about numbers for a minute our primary concern should be fixing some of Disc’s general design problems.

The spec is fine in raid (excluding Spirit Shell). We just need a mana buff and something that makes us stronger out of raid.

The easiest way to do this is to remove Spirit Shell, make Evangelism baseline, and then use the final talent row to focus on improving our out of raid viability/performance. The PvP talents Searing Light or Trinity moving to the final talent row would be a good and simple start. I’d prefer Searing Light.

2 Likes

I dunno. I like Spirit Shell. Albeit it is an absorb spell, I think it is comparable to other raidwide healing spells like Divine Hymn. Had Divine Hymn just been introduced (or brought back) like Spirit Shell, it too would be all the rage. The fact that the absorb and healing have been nerfed though, I think, will make Disc more than a one trick pony. I like healing, tbh, and don’t like twiddling my thumbs between SSs and/or asking for Innervates (which don’t come). I also hate that Disc has horrible mana issues. In 80% of the player base who lack the skills and know how to make mana a non-issue, the mana issue is real–and front and center. I mean should Disc simply be a spec for the elite? Also, Disc is really bad in high keys because of the mana problem (and also the mediocre damage)–hence, it is not for the ultra-elite, that is, the 1% of the high key pushers.

Honestly, Blizzard has shafted people who decided to main Disc this expansion, at least so far.

absolutely not. A permanent 10% damage reduction on your tank and a semi permanent dr on everybody else is unhealthy. It adds no meaningful game play mechanics and would be hard to balance.

Spirit shell is unhealthy for the game. There is no other healing cd that can compare to it, considering that jts on a 1 minute cd. Hymn is not the same.

1 Like

What is your main, Holy paladin? Do you even heal? lol

Nicki fanboi

I main a disc priest, yes.

So you want no buff? You think Disc is already fine?

Did i say that? All i did was to point out how your suggestions were dumb. And no disc is not fine, it needs a few changes.

Well, what is your suggestion then Disc mainer.

Well, that is a long type. Anyway, we already have 3% dr bro. You think they will remove that? Nope. So just buff it.

Oh, man. Is that an understatement!!?

For the most part, and for the average to elite groups, the mana issues are not there in solid groups–that is, the ones that get kicks, are well geared, and do innervates. But how many groups that play wow are in that category? And when it comes to leading key pushers, disc bites.

Normally i don’t respond to trolls, but since this is a valid issue i will insert some of my opinions.
In raids, spirit shell needs to be removed. It’s usefulness is very hard to balance, and the blizzard balancing team will either make it a dead talent or a completely op one. Evangelism is great, but the overhealing is very high. This won’t be a problem for coordinated groups where cooldowns are assigned, but for the early mythic bosses and pugs, it would be pretty bad. My suggestion is to make 50% of the overhealing into a hot over 8 seconds, or a minor absorb shield. Limit the shield cap to only 10-15% of somebody’s max hp.

in m+, it needs its mana issues addressed, as well as needing more utility. Buffing discs damage would fix things up somewhat. Less smends, bosses dead faster. I don’t want to spam smend on the tank as a basic heal, i want to put atonement on them and spam smite. Right now disc needs another button to press. Maybe something like rapture or fiend.

tbh holy paladin should be brought down instead of just buffing healers to do holy paladin dmg.
Healers should not be supposed to do dps like a low geared dps class.

Spirit shell is not like any healing cd out there.
You really just can’t compare an absorb cd with a healing cd. Can’t. Absorb >>>> Healing every day. There’s a reason SS got hit pretty hard each patch and is probably gonna get dumped even deeper till the end of the expansion.

Disc is really good for High keys idk what you’re talking about. Mana isn’t that of an issue in M+ where you can sit and drink in between pulls and prideful.
If tanks don’t let you drink after hard pulls is not the disc priest problem. And if you’re getting oomed in +9s then or your group is complete trash so you just spam shadowmend all day or you’re just doing a bad job overhealing too much or you’re just way undergeared for the content you try to do.

Yes, Ashen Hollow should be nerfed around 10%.
Holy Shock mana should be increased by 4%.

Now, I’m a troll ok, Nicki fanboi.
Anyway, you have Evan Bias bro. SS won’t be removed until 10.0, pretty sure about that since they are trying to balance SS.

Turning Evan into hot is even dumber than Lenience buff, since It will over heal anyway.

oh boy here we go again. won’t even bother this time​:eye::lips::eye:

It wouldn’t be the first time they reworked/changed a talent during an expansion.
I hardly see them getting rid of SS in shadowlands but who knows, it’s blizzard.

Yeah they could be doing anything actually.
9.2 is the next bet but I’m sure they won’t do it in 9.1