Astral recall animation

With all the cool hearth stone alternatives popping up with dope animations, can shaman at least get a cool and unique animation for astral recall?

6 Likes

Was just thinking the same. Having the generic hearthstone animation still kinda sucks. “Astral” doesn’t really scream “green leaves and swirls” to me.

That would be cool, what do you think would be a good animation for Astral Recall?

Astral makes me think of stars and constellations, of space and what have you. Maybe the Shaman conjures a globe (based upon what planet their hearth is set on, IE Azeroth, Outlands, Draenor, etc.) and channels their spirit into that projection?

Would also be a good excuse to get updated “globe” models for Azeroth as well as create some for other worlds that could be repurposed for other places in the game.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be cool. It makes me think of the universe more than stars of constellations as I feel that kinda thing is more reserved for druids (stars anyway).

But definitely universe and dimensions and stuff. Like a sideways version of the eternal travelers hearth stone but with your ideas as well. Something with spirits would be cool!

1 Like

Stars could start forming around you, just little lights with the effect from the new portals around them, and they keep multiplying and getting bigger. At the end of the cast, it let’s off a big explosion that leaves everyone with 500yds deaf, cutting out all sound for 10 minutes.

asteral recall to me is like that hearthstone we got from pre-order of sl. To me that is what asteral recall is supposed to be.

I thought the same thing, but since that was taken, I tried to think of another animation.

How about the star point dragon and or dagger from wrath. We could turn into a clear body with star point as and the lines will move to connect the dots and that is our channel. Once all the dots are connected we teleport

2 Likes

The teleport animation from Elder Scrolls Online could be a good example of Astral recall.
A starry night appears in front of your character and you draw constellations in them before teleporting.

2 Likes