Assault Gear is still Season 1?

I don’t remember it staying that Faction Assault gear was going to be staying as S1 gear with only 4 rings and capping at 370.

Is this a bug or working as intended?

That’s a good question, and I’d like to hear the answer, too.

1 Like

problem is that would cause Cms to have to do their job.

5 Likes

Nobody knows for certain. The posts about season 2 never specifically mention assault rewards increasing in level or getting the 5th ring for azerite.

1 Like

They specifically mentioned assault wrapper quests, which is the one that gives gear.

1 Like

I’d say that since this is the second one that has popped since the season started, that it isnt a bug. I’d like some clarification though as well, seeing as everything i’d read would suggest that it would scale like emissaries.

1 Like

Assualts came out in 8.1… its current content. no reason why they wouldnt update it.

2 Likes

I thought I read that somewhere a week or so ago, but everything from the last 2 days completely omits any mention of assaults.
It would make sense for 8.1 content to have 8.1 gear but who knows…

2 Likes

Yeah and I can’t find the thread anymore.

Think it was the “what’s changing” one.

1 Like

No they didn’t.

The only thing I could find was a post from Watcher saying the assault wrapper quests would follow loot spec in season 2, but again no mention of the item level going up or having 5 rings on azerite gear from assaults. It’s the last post he made in the following thead:

1 Like

That might have been what I saw.

I do the assaults for rep though, not gear.

The biggest problem i have with this is the fact that in the original post discussing the WQ, emissaries, warfront rewards is the simple fact that there were several posters that had asked specifically about the faction assults. Other posters came out and assumed it was going to be the same as the emissary quests, but we never got a clarification response on it.

So now that we know it’s still only giving Season 1 gear, I am sure i speak for more than just myself, when can we expect it to be increased to Season 2 gear? I don’t even care about the ilvl of it, keep it 370, I just want access to the new trait ring.

1 Like

They have obviously kept this gear at 370 so the players can still earn the joy of scrapping gear. :wink: I know nothing makes my gameplay more fulfilling than turning gear into three pieces of course leather and an expulsom.

:doughnut:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies on a lot of you are wondering the same. Yeah when they talked about Emissary and Assaults both being spec specific rewards since we can’t see what we’re getting till open the box I think that is where a lot of people thought it would be the same for Assaults since no other mention of it.

Being stuck in S1 though with only 4 Rings is why I thought it might be a bug, but wanted to double check if anyone had heard anything different since I couldn’t find anything. Hopefully Blizzard does their Blizzard thing and say “Oh it was planned to go up with the Mythic+'s next week. We just didn’t tell you. This week is working as intended” as they hotfix it for next week by not admitting fault but still resolving the issue. They probably just forgot all about those rewards needing to be updated.