Assassin's, who do you target?

So you’re in a BG, and you happen upon a group fight. Who do you target first?

Do you sneak around to take out the healer?

Do you go after the ranged to shut down their damage?

Do you jump into the fight and take out their melee?

Rogues are one of the few classes able to choose who and when they engage in a fight, so what targets do you find are the highest priority in a team fight?

I’m just asking because it seems like when we jump into the melee fight, we just die because we aren’t tanky enough. We’re better suited to shut down a ranged or healer that’s hiding in the back

Who has the lowest lifebar that I can open on and finish them off, then restealth to try again.

Depends on the map and how the games are going.

CTF…other rogues, weak D…focus / ambush the EFC.
Their Flag D good and runing across the map? CC and slow down the healer.

Lots of times in team fight I find myself on the healer in an attempt to either kill them or at the very least, distract them enough to make it harder to heal their teammates that my teammates are beating on.

Base Cap Maps…I tend to go where big fights are not in effort to ninja / take lightly defended bases.

(I play sub btw)

2 Likes

I go for whoever is closest to my GY. It makes rezzing faster.

4 Likes

I go after other rogues, because you can instantly tell how bad they are by their reaction.

I use sap first, on the chance that they have auto trinket. Then I go to town.

It’s situational, but in general I will go after either healers or anyone that has low health if I think I can burn them down before they get healed.

If I have my cooldowns I go after the player furthest in the back of the pack. If there are 2 in the back I go after the one hopping around since they are usually the easiest to kill.

I’ll try for the healer first, provided he’s not surrounded by his friends. Otherwise I get a few stuns/bleeds in before I’m swarmed and destroyed.

Sometimes I’ll Blind/Sap the ranged if they look too cocky.

EFC will be harassed by me, no question. I’ll usually swap in System Shock and Wound Poison to ensure I can slow them down.

Every once in a while I’ll engage in a little rogue on rogue duel, just to see if I know how to play my class. Spoiler: I need work.

And if I’m lucky I’ll catch the dude with low health who ventured too close to our group and finish him off.

But it’s like you said, we can’t hold our own in a big melee fight. If I end up caught in the crossfire I just shrug, come to terms with my impending death, and revise my strategy going forward.

I’m either harassing their FC, sitting a healer with wound or picking off someone low with a smoke bomb. All situational. Also I’m a pro at ninjaing bases. Good luck :wink:

if I get the opportunity to be in team fight I go for someone out of position and over extended far away from healers. OR stunlock a kill target usually heals. who you open on depends on CC chains too.

if there is a big team fight blacksmith arathi basin i’d probably try to kill priest first unless there is CC there to cc priest enough to kill a dps or a 2nd healer.

At the start of the fight I like to garotte silence any gypros or chaos bolts coming out. As well as any incoming cc on our healers. Once their initial big attack is thwarted I focus on healers.

Is it common for Alliance players to have the auto trinket? I find a decent amount of Horde that use it for some reason. I’m not good with a ton of buttons myself but come on now, trinkets are too important in PvP for that.

I use auto trinket myself, mostly because the lower CD. I don’t see it particularly bad unless you’re doing arena, because you can screw your team mate over by not trinketing thoughtfully.

I don’t enjoy arena anymore, so why not just auto trinket. As far as faction usage, it’s probably split pretty evenly tbh.

Anything but mages, they are just paladins who have range now. It’s freaking ridiculous.