Ashvane raid dialogue

Puppets… fools. The Banshee baited you… to your own slaughter.
Gave Azshara… what she wanted. N’Zoth will rise… his madness… comes…

so this seems to indicate sylvanas indeed is working with the old gods

2 Likes

It does, though there’s still plenty of wiggle room as to whether or not she’s doing so with full understanding of what’s going on.

2 Likes

there is also this dialogue after the fight

Ashvane spoke with a serpent’s tongue, but… could she be right? Were we lured to Nazjatar as part of some dark bargain?

p.s it seems azshara uses our heart of azeroth to fuel her ritual, so it seems like that is why they wanted us there

Hey, I’m not doubting what you’re putting down. The purpose of these lines is clearly to cast shade on Sylvanas… as has been the purpose of this entire expansion.

What I’m saying is that these things don’t represent hard evidence, and if Blizzard wanted to do a twist where she’s actually not working with them, that possibility is still there.

14 Likes

i get that, but people also said there would be a big twist for teldrassil too (granted blizz said there was suppose to be a mystery) i think the twist is that there will be no twist and we will just go “well thats dumb” or “yay we get to beat sylvanas” depending on who you are.

1 Like

I suspect N’Zoth orchestrated everything including the War of Thorns.

I also suspect judging from Ysera’s implied transformation into a Twilight Dragon as well as the moon motif that the Azshara Warbringers gives his eye that N’Zoth is posing as Elune which is why the lady inside Xal’atath derisively calls her a “goddess”.

I also suspect the lady inside Xal’atath is infact the real Elune herself due to the fact that she calls the Naaru beloved brethren who have wandered from the true path and will return to their true masters in time.

If this is the case than Xal’atath’s distaste for N’Zoth(she shows distaste for N’Zoth’s pustule of a Faceless One in Violet Hold as well as The Soultakers World Boss in Stormheim) despite having struck a bargain with him is blatantly understandable.

“The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.”

Of course if N’Zoth’s statement is about his bargain with the lady inside Xal’atath then his statements probably don’t mention greater threats at all!

His statement that “I alone can save you from what is to come.” might very well have sinister connotations considering his minions mention that “Your dream has ended!” and “Their dreams are ended…” when killing us.

From the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron:

Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.

In the land of Ny’alotha there is only sleep.

You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.

The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.

You will all be alone in the end.

Of course N’Zoth’s statement that “It grows hungrier… bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.” likely connect to these statements from the Puzzle Box:

The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.

It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.

Not only are the Players hinted to be Void Entities but it’s implied that the Black Goat will be feeding on their Souls from the watery depths of Ny’alotha’s blackened spire dedicated to the Drowned God.

If Sylvanas turns in to yet another character to go Old Gods, my unfathomable disappointment with the story will, somehow, get even worse.

Like, you think you’ve hit the bottom of the pit.
But, Surprise! There’s another smaller pit!

12 Likes

i believe that its hinted the elune created the naaru, which would make them her children, not brethren

you hit the bottom but blizzard keeps digging

1 Like

How does this line up with the Sylvanas we saw in the BFA trailer?

Really disappointing if Ashvane is right.

1 Like

That Sylvanas was a lie constructed to sell BfA pre-orders.

20 Likes

pretty much. they didnt want to say “we are doing mop again where a warchief goes insane and you beat her”

5 Likes

Come now. We all know Blizzard has to make Sylvanas look like the greatest strategist ever. We will think she is being manipulated only for her to be like, “Not today N’Zoth! I saw this coming from a mile away!” And she will stop N’Zoth.

Are you… playing the same game as me?

1 Like

I mean her plans aren’t working now, allegedly, but I get the feeling this is all “part of her plan” and she has been planning all this. Blizzard will make it seem like Sylvanas was 50 steps ahead of everyone because she’s that awesome.

Okay, but if you’re going to predict a total 180 that completely invalidates everything we’ve seen on screen so far, maybe don’t start the statement with “we all know.”

1 Like

I don’t know why but this made me laugh because it would be typical Blizzard to just pull a 180 like that and be like, “SEE! SEEEE! Sylvanas is a strategic genius!”

1 Like

Easy, that’s her public persona … and if Ashvane is right; that’s her private agenda.

Sylvie’s always been the type to prioritize her needs and motivations over others, and use people as tools in pursuit of those objectives. However, she is also not the type to be dumb enough to outright tell her tools that they’re tools. Take anything she says in a public place with a grain of salt.

Also … if this is true, then honestly … it changes nothing. All it does is confirm the idea that this conflict is Sylvie’s war (and the Horde and Alliance is just a part of it). That’s not exactly a new concept when it comes to BfA.

3 Likes

During the initial confrontation, Queen Azshara transforms Lady Ashvane into a sea giant.

So she does become a raid.

Unfortunate, she had a pretty short villain career.

death is a mercy with blizzard’s writers

1 Like

ahem

I’ve got a laundry list of characters in need of ‘mercy’.