Ashran PTR

IDK. The rate things would going, I don’t think you’d ever see a general kill with 150 resources.

It was an hour+15 with 300 though right? Wouldn’t 30-45 minutes be enough time if it was ever going to happen? if that’s not then I guess something else needs changed too.

Yeah, at least I imagine there’s a few dials they can turn. Krosus not being The™ Incredible™ Hulk™ would have sped things up a bit I think. There’s probably other tweaks.

Not to be a broken record about the toys, but removing that farming temptation would also speed the game up.

if there are no events and its just road fighting to the other sides general i dont think a general kill will ever happen

Was there on my Hunter on Horde.

Confused that it displayed Horde as the team that lost, because the Alliance had 0 reinforcements left and we had 140.

I actually disagree with a number of these points but agree with others.

My thoughts:

1. Consumes (song flowers/ tubers/ etc.) and Toys (wands/prisons/road toys) should be a part of the game as this made the BG interesting and was a great part of Ashran. It was key to stagger prisons in team fights and not blow all the toys at the start. These items added another element to team fights found in no other BG and I personally loved them.

2. Events where great and it is very sad these are possibly being removed. Previously had a mission for 4 events and 1 kill of the faction boss. These events forced team fights in different locations, each had its own strat to win (positioning /methods/etc.).

3. I personally don’t like a timer or kill limit on Ashran. Why removed the mission mechanic for hks or events+Boss? Best part about ashran was the 8+ hour long instances. Previously there was a HK mission that would reset and was repeat able. Allowing those who wanted to leave to do so when they completed one mission and others to stay and complete it over and over. I have made many btag friends from Ashran . We would spend hours on Friday/Saturday in Ashran and you would see the same faces and actually became friends with these people/guilds (years later I am still in the avengers discord). I knew when ever i saw people from certain realms it was going to be a good fight. Please DO NOT MAKE ASHRAN A “streamlined and “TM vs SS” style push/pull zergfest!”

Ashran was one of my favorite parts of wow. 40v40, mass pvp, toys, and victory only earned through coordination / team work.

Please DEVS do not release a bastardized version. Give us our Ashran back.

Yeah. Maybe it’s not really intended to? Maybe their thought process is if 1 side just steamrolls the other (it happens) then the general kill is there as a way to just end the game. Otherwise they expect most games to be decided via reinforcements.

Lame.

Do broken bones drop, for the garrison building at least?

Would like to know this as well.

I just posted my feedback here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ashran-epic-battleground-testing-play-with-the-blues/185497/18?u=bynir-dragonblight

I disagree about the items: I enjoy them and it gives a small edge to players who take the time to learn the map.

I enjoyed the match. I do have concerns that players will dislike the length, and also I wonder if the generals will ever be killed but also doubt there will be as many healers on live as there were on the PTR.

For those asking, Nemesis quests can be completed and bones can be collected, and yes you do get rep too.

This is for the Epic Battleground queue, it needs win conditions. The development team is working on an Endless Ashran which will be the original, presumably outside of the queue.

2 Likes

Odds are its probably going to be like wintergrasp and they will make changes once it goes live

Why rework on it when it was already in the game? They could have just left it as is just raising the level cap

It was in the game in Legion, but it didn’t work very well as a queable thing. It was a pretty bad experience.

I don’t understand what you are complaining about. The original Ashran will return exactly as it was in Warlords, and this new version will exist for the Epic Battleground queue. What’s the problem?

I 100% disagree. The only downside was it did not drop relevant gear. It was a great experience and so much fun. All you needed was a good leader and team.

1 Like

I was never able to complete a game or the quests. One team would quit and the match would just unceremoniously end due to lack of participants. Hour queue to boot.

If the que was longer than 20 min all you had to do was MERC in the sewers @ new Dala. I played easily 100+ hours in ashran and never had an issue completing the quests.

However, this thread is about the PTR and possible changes to Ashran for the Epic BG que so I feel that this is getting off topic.

Yea, they need to make sure to keep refilling so this doesn’t happen now, but hopefully being in the epic queue there will always be people in line.

Yeah I suppose. I haven’t seen a WG end prematurely yet, even when it’s 20 vehicles to 0 for 15 minutes.

you should see it nowadays, I believe most of the problems have been solved or fixed.