Ashran is terrible

Please stop making us play Ashran, it deserved to die in WoD and doesn’t remotely compare to any of the other Epic Battlegrounds we queue for. I mean no disrespect but this was a terrible part of WoW that you guys brought back and absolutely no one asked for. Wintergrasp and Tol Barad are fun but this one is a nightmare especially since you guys tried simplifying it. Please get rid of it on behalf of all people who sub to your game.

11 Likes
6 Likes

I also like ashran, more choices are always better. Just don’t play it.

2 Likes

Ashran is the only epic i will play.

2 Likes

i 100% stand by what i said, ashran is t e r r i b l e,
also they are talking about original ashran not current ashran

7 Likes

Stand strong Brother! And you are absolutely correct, these references are all made towards an Event that was removed and only a “small” community enjoyed.
Old “requests” have no bearing on the current result. So yes technically there were people who “asked” for it’s return, but in the grand scheme more people didn’t want even the original version, and then they deliver this. I hear people comment in the BG how the previous version was good but this one is terrible, so even the small community that enjoyed the original is shrinking with this new version.

Objectively, i would like to see the BG remain available to all those who want to play it, but removed from the Epic Rotation. Considering that people who like Ashran are in the minority, I would say this is a Fair compromise but this is unacceptable to, well i won’t say all, but to many i have encountered on this subject.

Anyway is great you voiced your opinion and good catch noting the reference to the “Old” Ashran.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m not an Ashran fan but how do you know they are in the minority? Did Blizzard do a poll that some of us didn’t see?

I could careless about ashran either way but all you need to do is see all the talk about it on the forums and in game and see how many people afk in it every time I get ashran I always count how many people afk that place and I actually see more people afk in ashran then wintergrasp

1 Like

I haven’t done that many tbh, but mine weren’t like that. People afked throughout, but not at the beginning. And the talk wasn’t about Ashran being bad.

its my 2nd most >random< pop after wintergrasp but I see people afk all the time doesn’t matter if its end middle or start

• Forums : prone to being Generalized, skewed and yes anecdotal without the back end analytics. But just do a search on Ashran in the Forum and the number of threads and Anti Ashran remarks far out number those that are in favor. Additionally you will also see that a number of “Old school” Ashran fans, have fallen off the wagon… There was a “demand” issue before and if you are losing some of those people well…

• I am currently in an Ashran Session and have counted 52 people have left since the beginning. That’s more than the BG capacity lol and it’s not over…This is the first time i’ve actually counted, but this is not uncommon. I’ve seen more than 20 leaving a winning Ashran. There are some pretty clear indications that although they aren’t exactly quantifiable but do serve as a good foundation for my statement. Compare this to even WG after losing SR and Ashran demonstrates that far more people leave routinely before and after start, winning or losing and that in itself does reveals a shortfall in Fan base.

• And I would love to see a Poll, absolutely, let the record show. And if i am wrong, i would say well guess i was wrong better suck it up…The only people that seem to be afraid of an official, indisputable poll is the current group that i encounter in these forums who are defending Ashran.

So let me correct myself, because you are technically correct at this juncture, My “hypothesis”, which is based on logical deduction and reason, suggests that the Current Pro Ashran community is in the greater minority.

So Ty for that insightful comment!

Cheers

No one seems afraid of an official poll. Think we’d all love that tbh.

Awesome! I give you credit. Every other time I have brought it up it, it gets dodged by some fairly avid fans who counter post almost religiously in defense of Ashran.

So let’s get r done and count the ballets. Oh wait, that would require Blizz to undertake and that would also mean admitting that perhaps there is a problem. I don’t think were there yet so soon after investing in an implementation. Well, i guess for now i have to stick by my hypothesis.

Just curious, I have presenting some rational, it’s not perfect i admit, but it’s pretty sound reasoning , Do you have any data or deduction that might support otherwise… If there is another available source to draw upon i would be completely open to it.

Considering they removed Strand, safe to say they have the data and will act appropriately.

ok but they also removed Ashran…for a reason…Just like SotA…It’s back…maybe the demand for content was more of the motivation. Well with this in mind hey maybe we will see SotA again! I’m liking the potential here lol. and all you SotA haters can take a leap lol…

Anyway thanks for the clarification.

They did say they removed Strand to “work on it” And guess what? Not a fan of that either but not gonna ask them to remove it.

Fair enough, that’s your personal stance. And just like my personal stance where i’m not asking for the removal of Ashran just a better compromise than currently exists. If they brought SotA back and the majority was in an uproar, and although i like it, I would look to a compromise so that i could keep it without forcing it on others through the RBG system. It would just spoil the experience anyway to have so many haters which are being forced to play…Keep in mind the RBG system is the majority queuing venue, therefore they really should have a voice as to which content is included.

The compromise is leave and queue up after the 15 minutes.

ahh yes! the famous goto, glad to see your side so reasonable lol.

Well for now you have it, enjoy it!

Thanks I will.