As much as I hate to say it - Servers should have seasonal resets

I don’t think Classic will be “preserved” properly unless there are seasonal resets of the classic servers, once a year, or once every 2 years at most.

I can’t see a future where Classic WoW survives and thrives where servers are just left for many years without any resets or content updates. The point of Classic is to “preserve history” right? So content updates for Classic would be out of the question, and it just seems silly to think that we would be able to play forever on the Classic servers with there having being X amount of years farming gear, gold, etc, it would end up looking and being really wonky.

I don’t know how this can be done, but all I know is the alternative is to keep the servers going indefinitely will end up with everyone being maxed out, and then what?

If Blizzard releases content phases over a 6 month period, then maybe after 6 months of the final stage, there should be a total reset. I don’t know what would happen to the old characters, maybe they just get moved to your main account on retail?

I am thinking something similar to POE resets, where players come back for a season, play, get bored, and then come back later. I know theres a difference in that POE adds some new content every season, but you get the idea.

5 Likes

So you’re saying you didn’t get the name you wanted?

99 Likes

Considering it hasn’t even launched yet, this discussion is still quite early. There is a content plan, but even there, they haven’t decided on some things, yet, like PVP content.

We’ll see how it goes, but it could be that Classic becomes BC, and new Classic servers are rolled out. Or Classic stays forever at one patch, and that doesn’t happen… who can predict the future?

1 Like

If there was at least one server that was never reset, I would prefer to play there.

33 Likes

launch F R E S H servers every summer, is fine

don’t re-set anyone’s work on existing servers…

37 Likes

Nice maymay brah ex dee face

You didn’t hate to say it quite enough though because you still did

2 Likes

Would be interesting to see what does happen after Naxx… because in theory you could feasibly get more than 1 atiesh (if even 1 at all).

Seasons would still be 2 years apart if you take into account content and release schedules.

I think they should release a fresh every 2 or maybe 3 years.

If the game is just stuck in Naxx patch for the rest of time it will kinda suck. Naxx gear is way too strong for pvp to be fun.

But it’s Blizzard so I doubt they do anything, see you all on TBC servers.

I would rather they add TBC 2 years from now.

3 Likes

^this…why are all these people trying to get them to change the server to either a TbC server or a wrath server now this leave the classic server The F*** alone. I am ok with them making new servers for such things but STOP trying to take classic servers away

7 Likes

If they were going to reset it, at any point at all I simply wouldn’t play. ESPECIALLY not a mere 6 months after the Naxx patch. Not everyone is going to be on the bleeding edge of raiding, and with periodic content releases, the vast majority of people will still have incentive to play when the 1% are finished and bored.

27 Likes

Same there would be no point to me if they reset them.

9 Likes

Reset would be cool, like d2 ladder.

Adding TBC servers has nothing to do with preserving Classic WoW.

Think about the point of Classic WoW - it is to preserve Classic WoW. What is the best way to preserve Classic WoW? Would it really be the best idea to leave Classic run indefinitely and let it eventually become a bloated mess where players continuously drop off? Or would it be more intelligent to have seasonal resets once every 1-2 years, where it creates an event-like atmosphere and brings back people to play again to give a fresh experience every 1-2 years?

I disagree, and your wrong. I for one don’t like flushing all my hard work down the toilet but you can always delete your toon and start again options on the table.

19 Likes

No one knows blizzards plans. People are already talking about servers for tbc and classic isn’t even released yet

Personally I’d like to see a fresh server that everyone knows in advance it will reset periodically.

But I can live without it too.

3 Likes

I would be ok with that, I wouldn’t play on it, but I would have no problem with it existing.

3 Likes

What you’re describing sounds a lot like people in the past having to jump from pserver to pserver because where they were playing shut down for whatever reason lol.

I’ve seen many people in posts say it’s also the stability they find attractive about playing Classic.

Sorry you didn’t get the name you wanted OP.

12 Likes