As a raid leader for a Mythic guild, 8.2.5 terrifies me

Vanilla has the same effect, not alt friendly at all since the journey to 60 is a long one. I still prefer it though over grinding BFA content.

3 Likes

benthic would have been better as, instead of “benthic gear” just make it “benthic augmentation”.

use manapearls to buy augmentations to upgrade the item level of a piece of gear. each level of augmentation would cost proportionately more pearls, and have the augments be more effective while in nazjatar or the eternal palace

BAM

problem solved.

4 Likes

See if this is something most players can figure out, why didn’t Blizz think of this? :cry:

3 Likes

I am so hyped for 8.2.5 but I’m not an elitist, so I suppose it works out for me.

hyped

7 Likes

Elitist = Mythic raider ? Um…

11 Likes

When has gearing ever been permanent? Besides, they don’t listen to the players. They check their little spreadsheet and see what people are doing. If people are complaining, but still jumping through all the hoops, they see it as a success because they don’t interact with the players.

So I was like, oh you want to do an expansion based on the worst parts of the Artifact system and Argus/Crucible? lol not playing that.

4 Likes

The two MASSIVE issues with this expansion. Both of which exist completely outside of raiding. Raiding 2 nights a week used to be the standard. Players could actually be fully geared and competitive from two nights a week.

That isn’t possible now.

That’s a massive issue. So many players in general discussion continue to downplay this and basically say ‘well, i’m not having any issues with it’ simply because they don’t raid and don’t actually do any difficult content.

The same has been the case for PvP as well. Ignoring balancing issues and gear scaling and everything else… PvP has been incredibly frustrating because essences, azerite farming, and lack of useful gear being obtained through PvP. If you aren’t 2100-2400+… you’re far better off to get gear through M+.

It sucks that benthic, essences, and azerite power are requiring such a huge amount of time.

That’s such a huge issue for guilds. When I was raid leading in Wrath, every other player had an alt. It was the reality of being on a med/small pop server. If a healer didn’t show up… someone might step up and heal. Tank is sick? Someone needs to step up. This expansion has been terrible for alts. I used to have alts for every task depending on the need. This was true for PvP as well. In cata I did a lot of RBGs and alts helped us play every night. If we had no alts… it likely meant we couldn’t do stuff because pugging a healer or tank might take to long.

That’s the part I don’t get. I was already playing the same amount of time, but instead I was enjoying it on 5-6 toons. I used to farm mounts, transmog… lots of stuff. I have 0 time for that now and that is only keeping two toons active. I have 6 toons at 120 and have slowly had to step away from them. Essences made an already tough situation harder.

Sick of reading the posts of people being against account bound essences. Sick of the huge amount of content we have to do that has NOTHING to do with the content we enjoy.

11 Likes

they need to hire a panel of the most pessimistic players, across a wide selection of play styles. some raiders, some pvp’ers, some 5 manners, some guild groupies and some pug-lifers. a few solo players too.

this would be the “no” team. a group of people who’s job is nothing more than to look at a thing, and figure out everything bad about it that they can. poke it with a proverbial stick, find all the plot holes, all the discrepancies, and all of the things the players will hate, so that they can try to avoid some of these traps in the future.

6 Likes

I cant imagine a team like that ever agreeing on something, or at least not likely.

2 Likes

they don’t have to agree. each is going to see flaws and issues from different angles, or spot problems the others are not going to notice. someone who only does PVP is going to see issues with PVP before they see an issue with raiding. Someone who never does PVP isn’t going to have the contextual experience to spot problems with pvp. raiders and non raiders vice versa. the job isn’t to agree. it’s to point at things and go “hey, this is an issue”

3 Likes

If next expansion ends up being this content filled theme park extravaganza, i’m never letting anyone tell me the filler expansion theory is BS ever again.

2 Likes

The difference is the leveling experience in Vanilla WAS the game. For the massive majority of players, raiding wasn’t even end game content… it was just another piece at the end you could do. The game is diffferent now. The end game content IS the game. Raiding, M+, PvP, etc. This isn’t to say you can’t still enjoy the experience of leveling (plenty of people do), but the it’s far less about the journey these days.

I started in BC and really had no interest in raiding, and honestly, barely knew what it was. I just enjoyed exploring and leveling. That was exciting. Hitting level 58 to get into outlands was really exciting. I ding’ed with friends close by and we were all excited to farm some BC dungeons.

The game is just different now and I think there are two camps because of it. People who want the leveling and the experience of exploring the world to be the primary experience in the game. Then people who don’t care about leveling or grinding and instead want to be competitive and raid, pvp, etc.

6 Likes

It can be alt friendly though. Remember those greens (maybe even blues) you find as you are leveling on your main? If you can get even paced spacing of those greens and in slots you know that will do fine for a while in the leveling process on the alt (I won’t get legs for X number of levels), you can really aid in that alt’s leveling. Essentially like heirlooms in retail. Plus after having a main with gold for a bit, you can mail over gold and not have to worry about purchasing skills or other things, you had to worry about the first time through.

My lvling has come to a halt, been wpvping to much but it’s so fun. I agree with what you wrote and i think that’s why I enjoy it more than retail currently.

Good point, I have saved a couple items for my alts in the future which is fun and gold shouldn’t be an issue by that time.

Yeah, this is really what it comes down to. I was originally on board with Blizzard trying something else, forcing people out of their comfort zone to try new aspects.

It became very quickly apparent that not everyone was with me on this and the moment i had the thought of doing it again made my stomach turn. I get people are in to different things but unfortunately I just don’t enjoy a lot of the content Blizz has to offer.

I’m not in the “BFA has no content” camp a lot of people fall into, I’m in the “BFA has no content i enjoy

6 Likes

Gonna throw shade here but a significant portion of posters on GD don’t do raiding not even LFR (with any bit of frequency, like they only kill an LFR boss 1-3 times). They hide behind these dummy accounts, but with a bit of footwork you can see that their most progressed characters only do world quests. And they don’t even do that with any bit of passion (don’t even have the 10k WQ achievement).

They just flat out don’t play the game and instead opt to play the forum game. And when anyone says anything to hurt their world view, they throw around words that have lost all meaning these days.

5 Likes

Haha yeah I’ve made the mistake before in a few posts assuming people were all doing some kind of mythic content which is why i tried to put it in the original post that I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t be able to emphasise with me but thought they might be interested to see the patch from a different angle.

2 Likes

I appreciate the openness to try and converse with others here. Don’t stop trying. I always look for posters that extend an “olive branch” of sorts with other people, rather than just being derisive.

As for your concerns about 8.2 and 8.2.5, trust me that it isn’t just a concern for mythic raiders. Us at the heroic level are feeling it too, and I am partly guilty of it as well (doesn’t help that the long queue times and not being able to play retail during that time) for putting more of my focus on classic. I may not be very progressed but I am enjoying doing all the quests I can in all the zones. Sadly this has taken my focus away from finishing up mechagon and being consistent with doing keys and farming AP. Although I am not alone, every night most of the people in my friend’s list are in classic. While my raid leader, an Australian like you I presume, is in retail and frustrated at us as well.

Yeah, about the same for my friends list. I can’t blame them, it just stinks :frowning:

I did vanilla and tried to recapture the flame on Classic unfortunately i just didn’t enjoy it and stopped around 34.

2 Likes

Yea, I wish the two weren’t opposed to each other. If the leveling experience in the game is fun, I really enjoy doing that on my alts. Leveling alts… was the fun thing todo in expansions past for me. Trying new ways to level with new zones. Doing EVERY quest in a zone or reading everything. I just don’t have that feeling in retail. I think it’s because I know my time is limited and my ‘main’ toons require a lot to keep them relevant and competitive.

There just isn’t time to explore now if you want to be competitive even in a small way. Not talking world first or anything close, just being the best you can with your time and my time feels wasted if I’m not making my main better. dunno.

That’s frustrating to. I think there is some good content in BFA, but it’s hard to enjoy anything now without feeling like you’re missing out on grinding on your main(s). For me, if I spend time on an alt… it means I might miss out on a titanforge for my main. Or I’m behind on my azerite power or essences. Now that both my main toons have their necks at level 65, I FINALLY feel like I can do some other stuff.

Like, legion started out really badly for me. Terrible RNG with legendaries and teh constant grind for AP with mythic raiding was terrible. Bad RNG with forging made things worse… But about half way through, I finally had my legendaries and AP was less of a concern. I started to really enjoy the expansion because I didn’t have to worry about my main missing out on an emissary quest or AP on the map. I could actually do random and fun stuff. I started doing more M+ and farming artifact skins. I could log on and not feel like I had to do EVERY AP quest on the map.

BFA got worse. Instead of the halfway point of the expansion being better, it got more frustrating. Essences could have been interesting, but instead we were forced todo content we didn’t enjoy. OR, it’s not that we didn’t enjoy it, but it was forced. Now that world quest you may have done, YOU HAVE TO DO OR YOU’RE FALLING BEHIND! AHHHHHH!

Everything feels like a grind now. AP, essences, titanforging, benthic, etc. You can’t just get that BIS piece and be happy. It’s more "oh, look, that 440 piece didn’t titanforge, guess it’s junk.’

3 Likes