As a buyer on the AH

The vast majority of us buy with an addon. The cheapest is listed first. Doesn’t matter by how much.

I always buy the cheapest even if the price difference is only a copper. who knows when I will need that copper later.

1 Like

Most people use an addon that mass purchases the cheapest items.

I go against the grain and buy stuff at more even amounts because those 1c under cutters are annoying. I also dislike people that play the ah for profist so I pay attention to the ah and actively try not to buy their stuff. I know I am weird.

Usually don’t care. If the prices are close and I click one that isn’t the lowest I will usually just buy it instead of bothering to click the lowest.

I used to look at the names and if the name annoyed me I wouldn’t buy from them. But i don’t bother to look anymore lol

If someone has 2,000 postings for the same thing I avoid them like the plague because I think to myself “bot farmer”. I will even pay more to avoid those.

1 Like

This is a question for real? Ever post anything on the AH? Most people use addons to undercut by a copper. They’re the smart ones. To many derpy people post auctions for to much lower. Undercut someone by 5 and they undercut you by 5 and pretty soon the item isnt worth anything because people drive the price into the ground.

2 Likes

Depends on if I know the name of the person and I know they have a lot of gold already.

Why spend more for no reason?

4 Likes

Watch your pennies and the dollars will follow. Whether it’s a copper or a gold, saving money is saving money.

3 Likes

Early bird gets the worm! I don’t even look at who i’m buying from as long as it’s the cheapest, i will buy it. Too many people try and control the market by buying out a certain crafting material or wtv you want then reposting for way more then their worth.

I need every spare G i can find these days just to keep my toons flasked and fully Potted. I don’t gather herbs so either i buy the herbs or buy the pots, however right now on Illidan to buy 20 riverbud & 20 Siren’s Pollen to make 20 Intellect Pots it costs -+ 13000g for the 2 stacks of herbs or around 10000g for 1 stack of Pots.

Ridiculous if u ask me, so yea i always buy the cheapest since too many people are purposefully making things more expensive. I’m not made of gold unfortunately.

1 Like

Really wish i read your post before i wrote my paragraph above. You said it better with only 6 words… :smiley:

is the fabled AH makeover/upgrade still on the docket, or has it been shelved for other tasks? I know you guys only work on what’s fun for players but we haven’t heard anything in quite a while on this topic.

3 Likes

When I put up things and there is no competition for whatever reason I always go with something like 995 instead of 1000. Then again if there is competition I have an addon that automatically undercuts by some amount.

It’s also how I know how long certain items have been up without having being sold - just look at the numbers. There are so many people that use addons to undercut so use that to your advantage.

I do that sometimes as well because some things the demand increases with lower prices and that is the only way I can sell things if my competition is in their undercut for 20 hours a day mode.

I’m a gatherer herbs/mining/fishing.
I always sell in bulk, hundreds.
I always undercut price by a couple hundred gold so theres no question it’s a better price.
I generally get rid of everything in hours.

People that sell 1 unit at a time annoy me to no end. You’re wasting everyone’s time.

5 Likes

It depends… Do I need one of an item and the whole page sorted by lowest price only shows me the 499g99s99c then I’m buying that one… If it is only a couple of items and I can see the posterior fedora undercut I’ll buy the higher one… If there are many of the posterior fedora undercuts I’ll just pick one somewhere in the middle that isn’t undercutting

Honestly, who has time to check people’s AH history before making a purchase decision on some random items to decide whether or not to buy the cheapest option? I sort by price (it already is) and click the first one and move on with my business…are there really people who don’t do it like this?

I get that people like to virtue signal, even on these forums, but do you really behave that way at the AH?

2 Likes

Speaking of which… I know there is a fundamental revamp of the Auction House ‘in the works’, and that the change to AH deposit fees that was a few months back was to fight the “single item spam”… Is there a way we could get a single function added to the current AH while we wait, because a “Hide single listings” button would be a great help. As I recall it was one of the most popular features in original AH add-ons.

I buy the 500g one, it’s a nice even number and I don’t like my purse to be all uneven with loose change.

4 Likes

If I wasn’t on the auction all the time maybe I wouldn’t but on the smaller auctions houses this really is pretty easy to see for some things. For instance, if you are buying crafted gear most of the auctions I use one or two pages of an item, it is easy to see 5 of this stat priced at 4k and then 1 of this stat priced at 25k. The guy who prices the one of that stat for 25k I wouldn’t buy anything from on that auction house if I can avoid doing so.