As a buyer on the AH

It’s just easiest that way. Sort by price/item, buy the cheapest ones UNLESS it’s, like, onesey twosey, and I need a bunch. I will forgo small stacks for larger stacks if the prices aren’t extraordinarily different, simply to save on clicking.

But I won’t pay much for the privilege of buying in bulk, but I will potentially pay some.

2 Likes

If there’s only 2 people, I buy from the original poster not the person undercutting by 1c. That’s not giving me a good deal unless it’s something in a stack of 200 perhaps.

If it’s a whole slew of people, I buy the cheapest one. It may depend on what is being sold too.

When I sell I undercut by a minimum of 1g. Amounts vary depending on what it is and whether the original poster has a highly inflated, ridiculous price.

2 Likes

People have ridiculous prices because of the mentality of some of the people in this thread. If you put up a bunch of items 75% less than the next cheapest buyer, do you know whats going to happen? Someone is going to snipe every last post of that and just repost it even higher. And the only one profiting off of that is the person who just found some poor sap who wanted a quick sell off of their items so they could pay for their transmog.

Doesn’t matter .I like to be paid early

My Auctionator normally barely undercuts the lowest price on the AH. I will usually adjust it down a little more to make it more appealing and help it sell faster.

1 Like

Geez you couldn’t have missed the mark farther than if you tried.

I spend all day on the auction house - I know who to buy from. I know who posts on 10 different characters (most of them anyway). I know who will sit there and undercut as soon as you post an item.

I buy from the people who don’t try to sell their items at ridiculous prices, it is simple for me because I am on the auction house enough to know, well at least from my main server.

I don’t really care. I just sort by price and get the cheapest thing.

1 Like

I but the lowest-price item, unless to buy a more expensive batch saves me clicks. (when folks list one of a thing, and I want 20, for example)

Ignorance is bliss. Inb4 you have never experienced overpriced items being the market value on a server because someone posted way too low of a price on a bulk of product.

1 Like

Thank you for admitting you’re part of the problem. Its good to know that you don’t have enough gold to change the market in any way shape or form though. The people buying your cheap product do.

3 Likes

Do you understand that the people that post 1 copper less are actually trying to keep the economy from tanking and burning? You get people cutting too much and then theres no point to sell alot of things then. Thats why places like Walmart cut by a few pennies on things other places have something listed at $59.99 or so.

Ultimately, does it make sense for someone not interested in economics? No.
Does it makes sense for someone that wants to still make things worth selling? yep. I can tell you don’t actively use the AH for profit, and instead just might randomly sell some things here and there, but mostly buy.

6 Likes

What exactly is the “problem” here? How would accepting a long delay to get rid of something at a higher price fix that?

1 Like

The cheaper one, because it’s listed first and my addon does it for me.

Tell me do you use TSM ?

So if I farm 200 herbs, and they sell at 10g per herb then I have a profit of 2000g. So lets say that takes 1 hour to farm. That is 2000g per hour.
If someone decides to start putting all 200 of their herbs up for 5g per herb. My profit because that person has changed the market, even if temporarily, has changed to 1000g per hour.

Now if I am selling herbs to MAKE MONEY, then clearly 1000g/hour is a horrible profit margin and therefore I will no longer sell herbs. If 90% of the herb farming playerbase sees this as well, because we are all out to make gold, then 90% of the herb farming playerbase stops farming herbs, therefore ruining the herb market because there arent any herbs on the AH. That is one of many outcomes of this problem.

4 Likes

You know there are lots of things on that auction house. You are talking about something that will usually sell, others may be talking about some other kinds of items that don’t.

1 Like

Honestly the AH needs a huge revamp. Change it to be like the WoW tokens. You can buy or sell but not set the price. The price floats according to how many items are being bought or sold. When you go to sell you can see the price and choose whether to sell, same if you are buying.

Any quantity you sell will become part of the lump sum of that item on the AH, you can buy any fraction of that quantity.

Maybe even have items available on the AH from NPCs at some higher price if there are no players selling it.

1 Like

That would remove a lot of the fun of the auction house. Less fun means less money for blizzard.

2 Likes

Looks like someone doesn’t understand capitalism

3 Likes

Eh, the AH can be fun but it’s also annoying. Pages of listings, attempts to defraud people, extreme lows and highs as people dump stuff on the AH and others try to corner the market.

There’s a balance between usability and the fun of a few people. It can still be fun while improving the interface.