Artifact weapons "sleeping"?

Like Xal’atath just repowered herself with souls.

Would other artifacts be able to do the same? With respective power sources I mean

So far, we’ve seen Hati and Xal’atath make a return, the latter off of random souls. It stands to reason that most, if not all of the artifacts merely need some form of new power to reinvigorate themselves and be powerful again.

Aluneth and Thal’kiel certainly come to mind, the Maw of the Damned (Netrezaar’s soul spoke to the Deathlord only once to express excitement over Kil’jaeden’s death) to a lesser extent. The Ashbringer’s original construction, as seen in Old Hillsbrad Foothills, also comes to mind. The original element that the blade was constructed from was purified simply by saturating the dark element with Light magics - just do that again.

Short answer - if it comes time for an artifact to be relevant again, they’ll find a way to make it relevant again. Be it a missive from Mimiron or a few naga souls.

6 Likes

Scythe of Elune could probably be re-empowered as well.

3 Likes

Imagine the Scythe of Elune in a Night Warrior phase.

7 Likes

Keep in mind, Xal’atath was also sentient. Might have played a part in how she maintained a degree of existence, despite being weak.

2 Likes

I really, really want that now.

3 Likes

DK’s live in eternal hope that Frostmourne will be reforged as a 2H option.

There are no number of dragonflights I would not butcher to hold that blade in its full glory, new model and all.

Just name the colour, Bolvar. Name it.

2 Likes

And if he names a million White Dragons?

Don’t worry, they’re slowly dying off anyways.

Wait, is this sarcasm?

My guess is the Hati story only happened because it was very iconic and popular.

Only the sentient weapons like alunerh and Thekall can come back.

Somewhat relatedly though, Azshara is going to have unique dialogue to resto shamans with that artifact scepter mogged.

Magic, corruption, alchemy - same way the Chromatic and Twilight flights were made. Death Knights are undead, they have the time to create a White Dragon race for the singular reason of killing a million of them to get Frostmourne.

Give me a paintbrush

6 Likes

By white dragons I mean the Albino Dragons like the Albino Drake(https://wow.gamepedia.com/Reins_of_the_Albino_Drake).

Tracking down a million genuine Albino Dragons surely would infuriate a Death Knight yourself as the Lich King would be watching to make sure they are all genuine and natural.

I miss Aluneth. I hope he’s ok :pensive:

This is now a thing I need.

6 Likes

If the Scythe should go to anyone, it should be to a worgen.

It bares mention in the relevancy of this threat that this story did not involve the re-empowerment of Titanstrike, but the salvaging of Hati from the weapon’s destruction.

1 Like

I really want Aluneth to come back. I miss him.

6 Likes

As I understand it, if you use an Aluneth transmog, you’ll get the snarky dialogue back with it.

1 Like

Oh? But I love my current staff transmog so much… ARG! Decisions…

Hard Pill to Swallow: Maw of the Damned could’ve drained the entire sword by itself and still would’ve been hungry.

1 Like