Artifact Weapons in BFA

I am currently playing through BFA immediatly after playing Legion and I was wondering If there was any way I could Increase my artifacts weapon’s level so I could actually use it Zandalar or Kul Tiras. I appologies in advance if it’s really obvious.
The only reason I am using the Demon Hunter section is because my main is a demon hunter, this question really goes for all classes.

No, your artifact weapon will become obsolete not long after starting BFA content. It only has one purpose now, to take up space in your bank.

Edit: You can still tmog them though

2 Likes

Tank you
I didn’t notice that I could transmog them, I’m an idiot XD

Unless you got your artifact really high through raiding and whatnot in Legion, your artifact weapons should be replaced very quickly, possibly at 111, probably at 112, definitely by the end of 113. If you still have your artifact weapon at 115, you probably did something wrong somewhere.

Also worth noting that artifact weapons are uniquely capable of being transmogged over anything (except, for no readily apparent reason, wands). Doesn’t have much effect on DHs, since all of our weapon types can be tmogged over each other, but it’s useful for other classes. For example, my warlock is using a dagger and offhand, but has it tmogged to the Destruction stave artifact.

1 Like

That’s a big butter knife you should have there. Always thought it to be kinda silly, but fun nonetheless.