Artifact Knowledge stopping this week

Ok sorry, this one is really throwing me.

How does the level of armor effect how valuable the 15 ilevels are?

Aren’t 15 ilevels a power gain regardless of the level of armor they’re attached to? This makes no sense and it still doesn’t explain why the AP requirement for Mythic gear is many times greater than the other difficulties or why the gap between Heroic and Mythic is so much more extreme than anywhere else.

Also as other people have pointed out, the increased ilevel gain, though only 5 ilevels, DOES have a small effect on how powerful the traits are so it’s not JUST an ilevel boost. Those 15 ilevels are valuable.

Yes, they are worth the same in a vaccuum. I’m saying the 415 armor itself is more valuable, as the only way you replace it is if you get a better 415 item. A 400 is going to be replaced immediately with a 415, so who cares if you had that unlock for 5 ilvls on a 400, its worthless once you get a 415 item. You will be wearing 415 Azerite items until 8.2, with residuum at this point anyone doing just a single 10 every week has purchases multiple 415s, so who cares about the fact that 400s can be fully unlocked at this point.

2 Likes

Well obviously I care and would like to have the same armor progression as everyone else at around the same point in the tier.

It still doesn’t explain how it makes any sense for the gap between the two tiers to be so extreme especially when AK is being cutoff before it was even possible to get there for “average” players.

In an earlier post I made a “20 laps around the earth” analogy for how much effort it requires to unlock Mythic armor versus Heroic. I think I said that unlocking Heroic was like “sprinting 100 yards”.

The point I’m trying to make isn’t that Mythic should also require “sprinting 100 yards” or that it should only require sprinting 150 … I’m asking if maybe just ONE lap around the earth couldn’t be enough for Mythic gear.

It’s still an EXTREME amount more than what is required for Heroic but it at least seems reasonably attainable while the current system does not.

Yea I just don’t agree that it’s an extreme difference. Few more weeks of 6.5 hours of gameplay isn’t the end of the world in my eyes.

It’s not the end of the world but it would be a nice gesture towards the people who have stayed subbed and are still burdened with this mess while we wait as Blizz tries to redo this dumb system.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world if they did it either.

I’m asking for the game to go back to before Legion and respect my $15 and the amount of time I already put into it to raid at a high level.

My guild has already lost a few people this xpac, and the main reason cited is having to do a bunch of chores outside of the fun content.

It would be very easy to have a wide range of content without forcing players at the top to do a ton of content they don’t enjoy to be raid ready.

Personally? The future developments of Azerite and efforts of the Dev team are telling me to not bother and play the game less till the changes occur.

So ok, that’s what I’ll do :slight_smile: Neat-o system. Super odd, its like the very end of Legion & artifact weapons… but not at the end of the expac…

1 Like

From reading this thread, you are exactly right. I also can not see the logic in the amount of AP required for the mythic gear, compared to the amount needed to unlock the heroic gear. I mean, once you hit arond 44, the AP required seems to be double+ for the next level, and thats usually not even a trait unlock, you still have to get to the next one, even numbers it seems. So the odd numbers are just there to make you add a crap ton of extra time to their MUA metric.

Thats the way i see it, and as stated before, ill never see level 48 before 8.2, and do not care one bit. This expac is FAR to boring to do all the crud in that list. Never before have i EVER felt that way about an expansion, and i liked WoD so much more.

0.7 goes a long way in the long run.

So many people just claiming what how things “feel”. It’s not double+. It’s 1k per level from 10 to 30 then each level is 30% more than the previous level until 50. Each AK negated one of those 30% jumps each week.

2 Likes

From now on 110k AP from 49 to 50

315 Island Expeditions

This has been my approach as well. Get and keep the weekly AP requirement in a pleasant cruising range – time it to how you play – and 1 lvl/wk just falls into place.

This is the thing. It IS timed to how we play but the activities that people do at the level where this matters don’t get enough AP from those activities to make up the cost.

Instead we’re forced to all the super grindy stuff that you just do over the regular course of your play time (no shame in that, that’s what you like to do) on top of maintaining a multi-hour a week raid schedule.

I basically lose 3 days a week to raiding … plus a 4th if I help out my friends Normal run which I try to do as much as possible … I’m not earning any significant amount extra from doing that stuff despite playing probably just as much or more than you do.

That’s kind of the issue I’m trying to call attention to here. We still have a LONG way to go and with no catchup its going to be a heavy grind.

Dude c’mom now.

You stated it’s a huge increase - statistically it’s not.

You stated that serious raiders would do it - yet most cutting edge guilds don’t have more than one person at 48 AP and certainly didn’t have it when the downed M Jaina.

I’m glad I’m not in your guild if they have such ridiculous requirements.

I don’t speak on behalf of my guild or their reqs, far from it, I’m simply stating a 0.7 boost can be that small difference between wiping on Jaina or reaching 5%. I speak as a individual player who simply gets the smallest boosts to increase DPS.

A power gain is a power gain now matter how small and this is a power gain that is easily obtainable by every group of player except those who have earned 415 armor and it won’t be available to them for at least a month or more.

That seems like a mistake.

If I’m reading you right – that gear from high-end content demands more AP than the high-end content provides, proportionally speaking – then yeah, that must be quite maddening. No one likes being the hamster on the wheel, especially if you’re working that hard to progress.

But I still don’t get why you couldn’t let one or two Tuesday resets go by, so that the AP requirement keeps dropping to a level where you don’t have to do all the extra stuff. Right now, I oscillate between (roughly) 38K and 49K (really almost 50K): it jumps to 49K when my HoA level goes up; drops back down to 38K on Tuesday. If I waited another week, I’d be working between (roughly, I’m guessing) 28K and 38K. But that would be too low: I’d have to pull back to not jump back up to the 38K-49K range. I found my sweet spot, so to speak. No extra grinding required, no deliberately playing less. Why can’t others do this, even if they raid? Just find the right sweet-spot range.

Ofc, if the weekly reduction is ending soon, that will indeed seriously affect AP acquisition (and my semi-grand scheme ingloriously comes to an abrupt end).

That would be this Tuesday.

Enjoy everyone. :slight_smile:

This is exactly what happened and why I made this thread.

It doesn’t feel good to have gear that is incomplete. Gaining a trait on Azerite armor does not bring excitement, it brings relief, and then frustration if the item is still incomplete.

Legion did not reach the height of its popularity until it became easy to max artifact weapons on mains and alts. It felt great to have a complete artifact weapon.