[A][RP Guild] The Grey Wardens

Posters of recruitment were pinned to the central message board located in Stormwind’s Trade District. A simple parchment emblazoned with two griffons addorsed, wings elevated, read as follows…

“Citizens of the Kingdom of Stormwind, not many years ago now the world was on the brink of destruction by the forces of the vile demons that comprise the Burning Legion. While times have settled and we have begun to rebuild, much damage remains and the threat of this evil force lingers just beyond our grasp! Our Order has come to these lands with the intent of defending the first and final frontier, for the last invasions of these demons has occurred on the continent comprising the Eastern Kingdoms! The Grey Wardens are recruiting all able-bodied men and women, be they noble-born or common. Trained soldier or lowly thief, those with the will and skill for the survival of our world are encouraged, and welcome, to enlist within our ranks! Seek out Marcus Wester, Commander of the Grey, with inquires or interest!”

The Grey Wardens is a Heavy RP guild based on the defense of Azeroth from the Burning Legion, focusing on light military and adventure themes.

To beat it to the punch, yes, this name and concept were ripped from Dragon Age. Having recently replayed the game, I fell again in love with the idea of Grey Wardens and their mission, so I decided to write them in a way to fit into WoW’s lore. This in turn led to the creation of The Grey Wardens, a group of warriors who take in the Fel to better combat the forces of the Burning Legion and their demons(pawn).

The guild will function as they do in Dragon Age, members will undetake a Joining ritual to become fully fledged Wardens and pledge themselves to the fight against the Legion. There are plans to have decently sized events for the members going through the joining, and other events and missions every so often focusing on defeating Legion forces throughout Azeroth.

Activity for myself varies, and as such there are no grand scheme plans for raiding or end-game content. RP will very much be the first and foremost focus of the guild.

To avoid spamming more details here, if interested in joining, please reach out to myself in-game or on Discord @ Halfway Decent#4369

Edit: The guild is no longer in function, thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Just a small update on the guild to say we’re still recruiting! The guild name is up and formed, tabard is made too, so we’re just looking for people to fill the ranks!

2 Likes

Many demons to be slayed indeed, for that cause you have my sword.

Recruitment is going very slow, but we’re still here. Looking for everyone interested in RP, and obviously side content of PvP for events and possibly some IC dungeon runs! Alts are welcome as well if someone is interested but doesn’t want to commit their main. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the guild. The Legion of the Dead was a big inspiration for my own ironbreaker backstory (insert troggs). Hoping to fight alongside you guys out there.

2 Likes

The Grey Wardens have acquired their first two recruits and things are picking up. Just another one or two are needed before the first Joining is undertaken.

As a side update as well, defense of the Alliance forces in Stranglethorn Vale went exceptionally well tonight, anyone in need of aid can reach out to any Grey Warden in the area.

I joined this guild recently! Super nice GM, and nice small community that’s growing. Good quality RP, with plans for the future. 10/10 would join again.

1 Like

While recruiting in Stormwind the Grey Wardens have come across hints of fel magic and cult activity that threatens the city from within. We look into this matter but there is only so much that can be done with so few numbers, enlist with your local Order today to help fight this infestation before it becomes too much to handle!

1 Like

Recruitment still goes on, numbers are growing slowly but surely. If interested but unsure, consider dropping an alt into the guild to see what things are all about? Remember that a community can only be built if you’re willing to take the steps to help build one! We may be small, but we’re only going to grow if you’re willing to join! Feel free to send in-game mail to Marcus with any questions as well, in case we keep missing each other!

The Grey Wardens are doing one final recruitment push this week. Some things are in the works for the Order that may or may not change depending on how this goes. If at all interested, now’s going to be your last chance to try and check us out! Reach out ingame by whisper or mail to Commander Marcus, or get in contact out of game through Discord!

With this last push you can just join straight into the guild Discord to get a look at the information posted to help with your decisions! - https:// discord.gg/3zThy5F

I would love to bring my 28 warrior and 19 twink into the fold.

1 Like

I will fight all of ye.

I would love to bring my 28 warrior and 19 twink into the fold.

And we would love to have you! Just a matter of finding each other online to get you in and talk. If you’d like you can join the Discord, or send me a mail in-game so I can get your character names and we can go from there!

I will fight all of ye.

Do… do you mean you’re going to fight with all of us, or that you’re literally going to fight all of us?

Come join us and see me put a male rogue in a dress!

It’s with much sadness, and some disappointment, that I announce the disbandment of the Grey Wardens. Over the past month the guild has had incredible difficulty finding it’s footing in the world. Recruitment either ended with an inactive alt or a member who left within the first 24 to 48 hours of joining.

Those who wished us luck or who actually invested the little time we had together, I thank you and express my regret for not being able to live up to the expectations that I, and I’m sure you all, had as well.

The idea of the Wardens might be touched on again in the future outside of guild format if the interest is found, but that’s something to discuss and plan on for another day. For now, I merely wish everyone the best of luck in future endeavors and hope to see you all around in another manner.