Arms warriors let down again

PVE: We got nerfed a month ago, Fury is superior for PVE yet again (been waiting 4 years to play arms again, skipped Shadowlands arms bc shadowlands… missed when it was strong)

Pvp: health pool increase for players 40% with no arms buff? Arms is a burst class not only will everyone have max lv pvp gear (increased hp pool) but also the player health buff is a huge nerf to bursty pvp arms warrior. So yet again we Warriors will be forced Fury again! Oh boi! I can’t wait to smash my raging blow button 8x more than my other buttons… other buttons being 2 buttons. Geeee so glad I never get to play my main arms warrior in pve/pvp. I’ll just be a meme and not get invited to groups b/c this company has no balance or hindsight when iterating changes. So tired of this! At least I’ll have more fun healing on my alt bc of the changes.

7 Likes

I was so excited to play Arms after levelling it to 70 in beta after maining Outlaw for like 90% of Shadowlands.

Can’t really justify changing mains now, it’s really that bad as Arms.

I’m just disappointed with recent changes.
You can still perform well on it and the spec it’s self is sooo fun! You can clear all content on it. However, with Fury being technically superior in mythic+/raiding/pvp that’s the ideal spec to play. It’s hard to justify maining arms…
Some groups may decline and opt for something else or may only take a fury over an arms (depends on the group)
Anyways, play what your better at, enjoy more, & will perform better with! But gosh darn do I hope my favorite spec Arms gets some love and buffs.

1 Like

I’m really perplexed behind the design decision behind making fury bursty and making arms a weird obsolete mess. It was always that fury was the sustained damage/healing PvE spec and Arms was high damage burst with a lot of utility and toolkit for many situations.

The recent two expansions theres a huge disconnect between the gear I’m equipping and what’s translated on screen. A two hander in melee combat should hit the hardest. I guess that’s why classic is so popular, you still feel that connection.

8 Likes

I mean. Fury is TWO two handers. Double the hard? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad stance is where it’s at right now.

100k+ Shield Charge and 200k+ Shield Slam with super high APM

Way of the Shield.

2 Likes

That’s my point it, two handers always hit the hardest so shouldn’t fury just demolish people with titans grip? Equipping a better weapon used to be something you could feel in the dps.

What does titans grip really give you except some extra stats and aesthetic?

Only reason I don’t play Fury is cause the fantasy of a raging berzerker(With two weapons instead of just one two handed) is why I play arms and I prefer it to not be…what it has been for years. No hate against Fury players, they can play what they want, just hope Arms gets love(IMO it isn’t garbage but it can improve).

Sticking to Arms. It feels great to me, it’s a blast to play and I don’t care about the meta anymore. It constantly misleads people into choosing something and then everything ends up changing. Screw it.

16 Likes

Since fury warriors can duel wield two handers can we balance it out so arms can carry a four hander??? It’s just escalation its equal!!

2 Likes

Hope I don’t eat my words but arms kit seems intensely strong for aggressive cleave play(pvp pov)

Arms spec design is the best it has been in 4 xpacs. Pre patch numbers are absolutely dogshít, But I messed around a bit on the beta and the numbers seem okay-good. With proper setup, and bleed spec, I was able to get droar to crit around 30k(ticks), rend 11-13k, and deep wounds 7-10k. Those are critical numbers but with avatar recklessness talent you’re at round 35-40% crit so it’s decently consistent. That’s on top of your regular rotation damage during cds which is quite a bit.

The overkill(?) Talent seems awesome. Was not able to test it much but it Basically brings back wod execute which was literally a death sentence if you dropped into execute range. You have to build stacks of it so it seems fair.

Low representation right now and people think it’s weak because of that, and weak pre patch numbers, but I think it will be sleeper OP or at least close to top tier, come dragonflight S1 arena.

If the numbers are good, arms will be good. Their tool kit is simply too good for the spec to not be. Unless their damage numbers are underperforming respective of other DPS they will be good.

They are also thw class that you can pretty much put with any other class and have a competitive comp provided that at least one of your teammates is a meta viable class/spec.

I’m hopeful. But I hope I’m not disappointed lol

2 Likes

For context

350-380k health pools in Elite gear iirc

The problem for me is I dont enjoy the bleed spec . I don’t wanna be forced into it to do good dmg for PvP. In order for arms to do well they have to let mortal strike do full dmg in PvP. And they need to revert the change on dstance . That way the people who wanna play the bleed spec can and I can still play my upfront dmg dealing spec.

1 Like

On beta arms is literal dookie, and fatality is nerfed by 66% in pvp

1 Like

Have you tried arms on beta? Assuming you are speculating from prepatch. Get on beta you can test a fully s1 geared arms warrior to your heart’s content. Arms might be the single worst pvp spec on beta :slight_smile: it’s looking grim atm

1 Like

The entirety of my post was about the beta.

I tested in full elite s1 gear, hence the post that said so.

Wasn’t aware of this, any notes on this or player testing?

This probably kills any fatality spec for pvp in that case.

I’ll play arms regardless, turn my damage meters off and only que lfr for endgame. Just like every other expansion.

It’s painful how they’ve killed every bit of spec identity it’s had, at least as far as pvp goes.

Fury is better in every aspect.

Better sustain.
Better defensive.
Better passive mitigation.
Better mortal Strike.
Better tier set bonuses, again.
Access to everything arms has on top of all of the above.

So many other specs have access to better versions of the signature ability Mortal Strike, either through increased damage(Rising Sun Kick) or easier spread (DH’s blade dance), Hell a pet (felguard) does it better.

The spec will literally only see play if it gains some over-tuned mechanic, rather than relying on its core fundamentals(since they generally belong to everyone else now).

https://drustvar.com/pvp-spells

check out warrior

fatality seems to be only 33% now, but it was @70% at one point in the beta cycle

tom is still at 70% though, neat