Arms Warriors in terrible state

I’ve made a post in the DF Beta thread, playing at 70 with bis gear, Arms is terribly weak and hits for 30-40k tops while other classes are hitting for 200k+ crits in PvP.
Single target dps is trash outside of execute phase, Cleave is decently strong, but only during cooldowns, no sustain.

Arms Warrior is the worst spec in the game in competetive pvp currently, good toolkit but abysmal damage, and d stance which is required while you are the primary focus target always, is grossly nerfed still and negates even more of our negligible sustain and burst damage.

PLEASE revert pvp dmg nerfs to bring arms up to par to other classes. And remove D stance penalty.

2 Likes

Everyone was happy that our trees were good and seemed to not care that it was a terrible Class, Fury is not much better. it is really only competitive at m+. Seems like Prot has the only opportunity to shine.

We are completely reliant on doin damage within the window that warbreaker is up. Otherwise we don’t stand a chance. Other classes can choose to burst whenever they want, and have much more survivability and self heals than we do.

Warriors will be playable and even S tier in PVE like how prot is now, but in pvp its looking a bit bleak. Mortal strike and Execute still feels like it hits like a napkin. Not sure how we are to compete with other classes being able to outrun and out CC us with self heals and burst.

3 Likes

I’d recommend playing Glad stance aka Prot with old Glad stance talents. It’s a blast so far.

Just had a 127k Shield Charge. Shockwave rips. Shield Slam is back.

https://imgur.com/a/MWTbZ9r

5 Likes

This. Prot is imo the only viable pvp spsc rn

1 Like

Prot will not be viable in arena when they take 100% increased damage from coordinated high rated teams.

It’s 50% but likely they need to reduce this for all Tanks.

Viable? Most are viable heck even Arms meming is viable. Will they be competitive is the question you should ask.

While this presents a problem (for any spec) and it will remain to see how the META shapes up. Prot does have some tools to deal with this. You still got to get through their cheat death so it’s not like you killing them on the first Go. So you have to do it in between the reset and they have other very big CDs. Last stand, Shield wall and high uptime on Demo.

So that’s a lot of damage reduction/healing. Also with zero rage issues now and new talents for Ignore pain they can keep IP stacked and refilling. Also the Tier set bolsters this further. Will be capping out above 180k IP absorbs. That is a healthy amount to go through.

We haven’t even talked about the leech, pain and gain heal or impending for a 600k HP Prot War. So when CCed the heals are rolling, got IP up and with a few new enchants already at 12.5% leech.

So I expect a skilled player can likely be competitive with a fun comp above Glad range.

PS - you act like Prot doesn’t have it’s own CC. They have 3 stuns too and capabilities of locking stuff down stopping teams.

50% x 2 players in 3v3 is 100%. definitely not viable past 2k rating

That is NOT how math works. :rofl: :man_facepalming:

Stop ROFL.

You have no idea what you are saying.

tanks dont belong in arena, thats why its there in the first place

What is the breakdown of your dmg ?

1 Like

Lol we dont belong in arena?? How about we find a use for tanks in pvp instead of this immense hatred of tank’s calling for an outright ban.

When i was climbing to 1900 rating in SS during prepatch the overwhelming number of warlocks and demon hunters trash talking was nauseating.

1 Like

Relatively balanced it has some good sustain and few big hitters. Rend, Shield Slam, Tclap. (since all short CD high uptime) Shield Slam can hit for 100k with outburst.

Then Shockwave (hits like a truck) 60-70k deep wounds and Shield charge which can hit over 100k. These were next in the break down since longer CDs but hit hard and deep wounds is a moderate bleed.

I really need to get a lot more Mastery to raise my attack power but the stats on PvP gear there is too much Versa in the way. I could still need some more Crit too. Hoping as I start to Min/Max and better gear can pull it all together to really pump.

Again you have no idea what you are saying. It’s a shame that people like you play the game making it toxic.

Yea it’s a shame people are like this. I have played Prot since day 1 when I started in TBC. I only play WoW to play Prot in PvP and have done so for the last 16 years. If I can’t play Prot in PvP there is just simply no reason to play the game.

1 Like

Arms is full of abilities and slow game play compared to fury. It feels really bad.

arms on tuesday is going to bang people, im in bgs right now critting ppl for 100k in full cds xdd

I’ve been doing just fine on my main with Arms. Most just don’t know how to build specs with the new system, and that’s understandable. I really just don’t want Blizzard to kneejerk buff then come back with the nerfbat once specs are optimized and it turns out we didn’t need substantial buffs.

I said it years ago when everyone was crying to give fury MS, as soon as they give fury a MS effect in PvP, arms would be left to rot. And look what happened.

Thank those clowns for the sorry state of warrior, particularly arms.

Arms feels great rotation wise for single target i set up so many buffed executes and mortal strikes and feels even better when you get the big crits feels weighted like a 2h weapon doing big slams. And i get carpal tunnel so im able to game longer as Arms. #notawful