Arms warrior

Am i handicapping myself by staying as arms? So far i like arms much more than fury, and everyone i see is fury, its nice to have a change of pace. And the trial runs of just simply +2 mythics i ran as arms so far, i was undergeared by all the dps in the group and i was always top dps. But there wasnt a fury warrior in the group either so theres that.

Yeah as arms you will never be able to clear a M+ past 4.

1 Like

I would not say that, currently all classes and specs can clear up to +10 so play what you enjoy

3 Likes

I’m getting back into my arms warrior and I’m out dpsing most players on aoe but behind on single target. I’m thinking of using massacre instead of whirlwind that might be exactly what I need.

I have way more fun in arms than fury so I may do less dmg but its worth it and I have no issues for the content I play

If you are doing mythic+ up to 17, arms is fine. St is a but low but with massacre mobs die pretty fast. After that level it will take longer to push mobs to 35% so it loses effectiveness. I run triple gathering storm normally but I switched to triple bastion of might due to tank and heals recharging during big pulls. The burst is insane. I’ve reached 2mil once :blush:

Avatar and bote is crazy good if you can plan big pulls around it.

2 million woooooooow.

What mastery do you reach with triple bom

572% :blush:
Things melted. I was using focusing Iris during avatar downtime. I’ll try bote and see if it’s better this week! Thanks!

At your level of play, no.

Then play arms.

Incorrect.

Try 21.

You should be using massacre for m+, yes.

Arms has timed 22s and it’s not exactly a popular spec, and could likely push higher.

Massacre doesn’t affect how fast mobs die, like at all. Arms st is pretty much dead center of the specs.

That’s really stupid.

2 Likes

It was a joke don’t call me out like that :tired_face:

1 Like

That’s a stupid joke.

Surprised to still see you lurking on the forums. Was hoping you were finally gone.

Do everyone a favour. You want to play some literal trash build in your meme low keys, do so. Don’t try to drag others down with you.

Calling him a troll when his knowledge of the class is above your own and probably everyone who post here.

3 Likes

I switched to arms when my 450 Azerite pieces didn’t win the rng game and give me cshb on them. My arms spec sims are a lot higher. So arms it is.

He’s back!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Missed ya bud.

Stop using the flag feature as your personal dislike button.

4 Likes

Drez keeps it 100% if you get offended it’s on you

1 Like

Arms does competitive damage, less than Fury, but enough. The real issue with Arms is it has bad defensive options and doesn’t have the self healing sustain of Fury. Fury has Warpaint which is by itself better than anything Arms has defensively.
If Die By the Sword was a 2 minute CD I think Arms would be easier to justify playing.
The other problem is that arms needs to set up its damage to burst hard, while Fury can just go ham at the drop of a hat, which makes Arms awkward in pugs.

What.

What does arms need to set up in order to burst.

It’s super hard for people to spend rage during CS to get big ToM /sarcasm

This is the opposite of how arms and fury work out. Arms does what…charge, warbreaker, bladestorm, afk?

My burst aoe opener in M+ is charge, WW, recklessness, SB, BotE (Those two are largely interchangeable), rampage, dragon’s roar (or bladestorm but I hate it right now)

That’s 4 gcds before I get to actually slap 5 mobs with a rampage. For bigger packs the dragons roar is the heavy hitter and thats another gcd. Another 2 gcds to WW and BT for gushing wound to start ticking. Make no mistake, after 10 seconds or so when the cds start to drop off, I’ve done some freakin damage, but the intricacy and setup involved compared to arms is incomparable. I sold a 15 WM yesterday where the other dps was Arms. He was at 200k on the opening pack when BS finished, while I was just finishing popping CDs. When the pack was dead it was about 140k for him to my 120k.

Now yes, after that’s over, I can still continue to cleave continuously through WW. Arms WB/BS bursts aren’t likely to keep up with the limitless cleave of Fury, unless you pause between pulls. We win overall nearly everytime, and boss fights too for that matter. But for simple, thoughtless, and stupidly effective burst aoe, Arms is the champ.

1 Like