Arms vs rogue/mage

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right section but here it goes…
I’m having a lot of trouble fighting rogue/mage comps in 2s, like 10% winrate.
I always die in the opener unless they go for the healer, which I can rage the sap, disarm rogue and stun mage.
If they choose to target me two things can happen: I trinket cheap shot then get full kidney shot after and I’m dead or I don’t trinket the cheap shot and die anyways because fire mage’s combustion + rogue’s opener.
Sometimes I can trinket then press DBTS, or rallying cry, fear before rogue stuns me again but its not enough because mage’s burst is too much to handle.
And the third and most unlikely scenario is when they somehow screw it up, I use every cd I have to not die but then I get either poly, nova, any stun and rogue runs away to reset and 30 seconds after I’m dead.
Now on my healer’s perspective: if he trinkets the sap, he gets blind and can’t heal me. If he doesn’t trinket the sap, I’m dead before it ends.

Now some person suggested me that I use bladestorm as soon as my healer gets sapped. I’ve tried. RM just wait for it to end and they just do the regular opener.

Other person suggested me to use war banner as soon as the healer get sapped. Mage just one shots the banner right off invs and they do the regular opener afterwards.

So…what is the catch here? what am I missing?

First off, are you making sure to start the match in Defensive Stance? This won’t guarantee that you live, but it will definitely help.

Rogue/Mage is hard to deal with, but basically you’re going to want to trinket the opener and pop DbtS immediately. Don’t be afraid to use it, if you’re running the “Stalwart Guardian” conduit, it will be up again in about 1.5 minutes. Your healer’s trinket is very important against this comp, so trying to hold onto it as long as possible is key. You can also try to greed your trinket a little and wait to trinket the kidney shot instead, but it can be risky. At that point your main focus is to stop the Mage from getting anything else off by using stuns, fear, charge + interrupt, etc. You can try to pressure the Rogue for a bit, but 99% of the time he will run away and reset, or just vanish.

Most of the games I’ve won against Rogue/Mage came down to me just killing the Mage with very few times killing the Rogue. The Mage will just peel you off the Rogue hard, so you’ll need to make sure to use Brostorm to break/avoid cc, as well as Avatar just to get out of Nova. Eventually, you should be able to maintain enough pressure on the Mage to get him to block and once you shattering throw breaks it, your chances of winning greatly increases.

Somethings to consider, make sure you’re running Overwatch as one of your PvP talents, intervening your healer to either reflect a Poly or maybe getting lucky and eating a stun is vital. If you can, use the Leaper Legendary as it greatly helps to stick on the Mage. Also, make sure you’re definitely maintaining your Ignore Pain uptime while also sitting in Defensive Stance because at any given moment you can get swapped to.

One last thing, seeing how you are Kyrian, try switching to Forgelite Prime Mikanikos and picking up “Sparking Driftglobe Core,” it’s the very last soulbind on the right. It can be very clutch when you’re getting swapped to since once you drop below the 35% health threshold, you will aoe stun enemies around you for 3 seconds. If you want to stick to using Pelegos, then I would suggest using the “Phial of Patience” soulbind as the 55% heal overtime can become in very hand if your healer is eating CC.

Within time, and enough practice, you should be able to have a decent chance against that comp.

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

Rogues are broken when opening on the Warrior.
Blizzard needs to make Ignore Pain usable while stunned.

2 Likes

Over watch is a must for this comp. Swap out sharpen with over, this will help a lot with CCs on your healer. Make sure you don’t overlap Defensive CDs with you and the healer.

I normally focus the rogue in this comp, as they are the set up man. Without the restealths this comp won’t win.

If your healer gets sapped, pop BS. This usually always gets the rogue out or mess their opener up because they are attempting to maximize the sap and blow you up. Meaning the rogue will probably CS but you are in BS and he may need to waste his vanish to reset.

Use your offensive cds to break roots, instead of for dmg. You have to play smart with this comp. your healer needs to try their best to lose mage. It’s a team effort against this comp.

use bladestorm to stop getting stunned again

When healer gets sapped i pleb it and pop bladestorm and start to make my way behind a pillar to los the swifty macro mage. Then i kill rogue

Its tough but.

You have to sit the first stun long enough to make sure they are committing cooldowns. A lot of times they will just stun and hope to bait your trinket cause you think its a go, then they reset and kill you.

What works for me is sit the stun until im sure they are commiting cooldowns. Then trinket bladestorm to stop the kidney then defensives as needed.

Then its a scramble to keep the rogue in combat and your healer HAS to be involved into helping you corner the rogue. Spell reflect and overwatch the mage trying to peel with sheeps, also mirror is the lego to use for this matchup.

I usually just sit the opener and let my healer commit CDs first. That way if he gets blinded/sheeped later I still have CDs.

The trick is to not overcommit cooldowns. which can be hard because watching your health get chunked, you just want to trinket and press everything. Just trust your healer.

Rogue/mage is actually pretty easy to beat as a warrior. All you have to do is somehow stop every one of their goes. A timely Intervene to stop a stun on your healer, reflect a sheep with Overwatch, Intervene a Blind, Storm Bolt, War Banner, etc etc etc. You have the tools to stop them, you just have to use them appropriately.

Don’t ever leave D stance unless you’re on stun DR and don’t play too aggressive, but aggressive enough to stop them from getting away and setting up again.

Warrior is literally the best class into rogue mage, don’t trinket the opener until you see combustion, play banner overwatch and disarm and you win the game by existing

There is no later for me, what I’m saying is I’m literally dying in the opener (first 15 sec of the arena) in the situations I described above. If my healer doesn’t trinket the sap no way I can survive 8 secs of their burst, but if he does trinket, then he gets another 8 sec cc from blind.
The only few times I’ve won is because somehow they messed up the rotation or pressed the wrong buttons, I really have no ideia and I managed to survive the opener. I did win a few when they chose to go my healer instead, in that case I can disarm/stun/fear stuff like that to save him…

Yeah, you should coordinate with your healer who is going to trinket and use CDs. If your healer trinkets to use CDs and gets blinded instantly then you need to use something. That’s generally only going to happen if the enemy is all in on the opener, and even if your healer trinkets the opener he should be able to use something before the Blind.

You can also Intervene the Blind.