Arms really isn't that bad

Now, I know what you are probably thinking. “What do you mean? Arms is terrible!” And yes, they aren’t the best but they aren’t really that bad. I was playing 2s as arms and I got up to duelist. Fighting so many classes and winning 15 games in a row! I fought mostly rogues and it makes me realize we dominate rogues! Arms’ damage is really good, he might only have sharpen blade for utility but 50% reduced healing is insane! I have a 420 Maledict and that with sharpen blade is just awesome! TSG is amazing right now too! Arms doesn’t need a buff, other classes need a nerf. Everyone just has a bit to much utility and heals. The only thing wrong with arms is heals and that is the other classes’ fault. Blizzard needs to bring everyone down a bit and then arms will be great. And even if they don’t, I think arms is still fine.

2 Likes

We are fine in PvP but we lack damage in pve compared to other melee classes.

2 Likes

That explains it. And TSG is the strongest 3s comp involving a warrior right now and it’s still hardly average. And it’s not even good because of the warrior, it’s because of the death knight lol

7 Likes

What was your partner? What class?

Just because you can get somewhere with a class doesn’t mean it’s good just like just because your performance sucks means the class is bad.

Arms is pretty strong in mythic+ if other 2 dps can make up for your lack of utility, great AoE and cleave. On it’s own though, bit lackey, could use a utility spell, something unique and useful.

No class or spec should need a dedicated class to overlook its survival. Not in the sense that Arms needs at least.

A healer should compliment and helpful but in the case of Arms it’s absolutely needed to be balance.

4 Likes

That was 2s…I’m saying that even in 2s we are good

Against rogues, sure.

I fought dks, destros, windwalkers, etc in 2s as well…

Arms is not strong in m+. It is good. But it is not strong.

1 Like

Been running a lot of m+ lately and Arms is strong but it really depends on how the tank pulls and which affixes are up.

Bursting sucks for Arms because our strength is decimating large pulls with bladestorm.

Bolstering requires special attention to large HP mobs among small HP mobs.

Explosive requires a lot of micromanagement and really sucks bum for rage.

There’s no reason to choose a warrior over a rogue, DH or monk cause they all do magnificent AOE as well as bring other useful utility, but Arms isn’t bad.

I have saved the day a couple of times with a taunt and some clutch tanking when the tank goes down!

I refer you to my previous statement,

Well it depends doesn’t it? Because with a good tank that can pull a few packs together and non bursting week, Arms crushes dungeon trash, out DPSing nearly everyone and often by 100% or more. No caster can keep up, and only a tier1 melee with all their CDs available will beat you.

Good is just doing adequate DPS on everything, which any spec can do.

Frost, demo, spriest, and ele shaman can keep up or beat you.

Arms has high burst aoe, followed by 30 seconds of nothing, then some aoe, followed by another 30 seconds of nothing until you can high burst AoE again.

With 3LoW 3GS, your burst is definitely strong. Trash typically doesn’t die in 10 seconds though, and after the burst you bring no additional help.

Outlaw, unholy, fdk, havoc, ret, and ww all bring equal or better burst AoE. Fury and Sin will beat arms in aoe, again, assuming the pull lasts longer than 10-15 seconds.

Arms has very weak single target, easily bottom three. It has minimal utility, and barring scenarios where Second Wind can function properly, weak self sustain.

Arms can complete content same as any other spec, and it’s certainly not the worst spec. But it is, at best, “good”.

1 Like

Depends on keys mostly, if it’s over +10 then you can easily switch targets without your bleeds killing things, explosive does suck, but it usually lines up with overpowered when others don’t kill it in first 2 secs. That being said, other 3 do have way more utility and I’d only take warrior when I wanted sheer damage, for key I’m not worried about.

Refer to this statement;

After the burst things are going to be in execute range, even on 10-14 keys, so you pop sweeping strikes and spam executes and overpowers, rage spent will bring your warbreaker and bladestorm off cd quickly.

…oh my God.

I’m not talking low keys. I sell those keys.

This makes a lot more sense.

Then you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about, for +20 and higher you need utility, not damage, damage is fine. Warriors bring barely anything to table other than their damage.