Arms PVP questions

Hey everyone,

I’ve been playing Arms spec for a few years and I’ve enjoyed it a lot for the most part, but doing casual PVP in BFA is probably the most miserable and enraging experience I’ve had. I feel so helpless and i have no idea how to cope with the damage, even if I’m not directly targeted by another player I just feel so helpless watching my health bar slowly go down whilst being unable to do anything to stop it. Everyones response so far has been to go fury, but I’m still convinced that I’m playing it all wrong and that arms can be fun for random BG’s and arena skirmishes while queuing by myself.

I am 402ilvl and am properly stat’d, enchanted and gem’d

My talents are:
Sudden Death
Storm Bolt
Rend
Defensive Stance
Warbreaker
Anger Management

And my PVP talents are:
Gladaitor’s Medallion
Spell Reflection
Sharpen Blade
Shadow of the Colossus

I do a lot of damage, i frequently am top of the damage board in random BG’s even while dying 6, 7 or 8 times in a BG, I just was hoping there was some sort of trick to this. It’s infuriating to have to go on the defensive and try to sit and eat just because a shadow priest DoT’d me up and then targeted another player.

So i guess my direct questions would be: What are some tips or tricks to play an Arms warrior defensively? Assume a pocket healer is unavailable.

Is there any way to spec my character so i don’t feel so helpless at the slightest incoming damage? I try to push through it and go for KB’s so i can victory rush but it seems like every class has something to extend their life just enough so that they can kill me before i can kill them.

I love arms and would really love to not have to play fury when i pvp, but the self heals that fury brings makes arms feel miserable to me. Any help would be appreciated

Only thing you can do is try to get traits like Impassive Visage, and use Memory of Lucid Dreams essense in your Heart of Azeroth. Otherwise no, Arms has 0 healing whatsoever unless you spec into Impending Victory, which is trash.

ah the classic sit defensive stance 100% of the time lol. i guess you got to pick your fights carefully

And rank it up? Would that be viable?

402 is very low. You’re just going to get dunked on. They made Arms the squishiest class/spec in the game, you’ll need to outgear your opponents to actually stand a chance solo.

Spec prot and chill in your back line. Put yourself on follow on a healer, spec bodyguard and use it on them. Spec mass spell reflect and dragons charge and just make yourself a pain in the butt for anyone trying to mongo your team’s healers. TBH you’ll do more for your team that way. DHs, and Retnubs are the front line right now. Warrior is tissue.