Arms opening rotation?

How should I go about the opener for Arms?

OP = Overpower
CS = Colossus Smash/Warbreaker
MS = Mortal Strike
BS = Bladestorm
SP = Skullsplitter

Charge -> OP -> CS -> MS -> BS?

Charge -> CS -> SP -> OP -> MS -> Slam?

I find that if I use the first rotation, I will tend to overcap on rage, which isn’t a very good thing, but yet if I hold off on BS in order to spend more rage, I greatly risk exiting the CS window before I can use BS fully. Would greatly appreciate pointers for this, thanks :slight_smile:

edit: additionally, if I get a OP reset before MS comes off cooldown, should I OP again to get 2 stacks, or hold it to use MS first before OP again? I have the Striking the Anvil trait, if that’s relevant.

Charge-CS->MS->BS->MS

2 Likes

I wouldn’t charge if you don’t have to. Losing mobility off the Rip is not a good idea. I run 2k + bracket and most players love a warrior charging in as you just dumped your charge. Try letting the fight come to you or rush them on mount. Also I don’t see hamstring in your rotation which should be on the opening to keep them close.

1 Like

I’m talking about PvE.

Pretty safe to assume the OP was talking about PVE based on the content of his post.

1 Like

So now I come to you, with open arms…

Thanks for the help guys, and yes I’m talking about PvE, sorry that I didn’t make it clear lol.

Can anyone help for my 2nd question? With the Striking the Anvil trait, OP reduces the cd if MS by 1.5s. Is it more beneficial to stack 2x OP for MS in the case of a OP reset, or to hold it for after MS so I can immediately reduce MS cd by 1.5s?

before using BS make sure you not iver 60 rage this will help with overcapping rage, if above 60 drop some slams till below then use BS

The threads from a month ago, and you’re wrong while being right.

?

I didn’t see the date till after I posted /shrug

And how am i wrong? Have I been misinformed?

Above execute, you always use BS in the Warbreaker window. If you delay it to dump rage a tad, that’s acceptable, but only so long as the entire duration still fits inside WB (or ToM, if you have ToM)

In execute, BS is used when ~35 rage, regardless of WB, ToM, or anything else.

2 Likes

Ahh that makes sense thank you

charge,mortal strike,CS,bladestorm,mortal strike out of BS,overpower,mortal strike,slam in between.Tactician procs with mortal strike whenever it procs.

I think this is a bit more complex than people who have responded have made it out to be.

Test of Might is a desired trait (most are 3 stacking it). If you are using Test of Might you will open differently that these rotations. As far as I know you won’t be using Blade Storm till your Test of Might buff is active. That way you gain the biggest Strength buff from it.

Look at the date this thread was created - Azerite was not yet widely available via the new system. Also, the OP asked for a general opener. No where did he mention which Azerite traits he was using.