Arms Defensive they suck

High vers with CS essence when stunned and D stance means my warrior takes a heck of a lot less damage.

in return of damage nerf of course.

1 Like

And that is my issue to make the warrior feel decent in defensive it requires a stat/ and when people point out smexins vers he also has socketed gear in almost every slot.

Just stop giving away parry for free lol

Dying through d stance should already be hard, made harder by using the CD you do have
Math: dbts in d stance is reducing incoming damage by 44%. If you’re dying through that, use it earlier, and if you’re dying while that’s on CD, leap better

3 Likes

I mean I guess. I need vers gear AND anew traits on my feral from PVE gear to stay alive. Haste/Vers on my DK to be decent. The only reason you’re feeling the garbage pressure is likely because of Rogue/Mage/Destro. At least for me they’re the worst offenders of currently making the game unfun.

yes warriors might have needed some defensive buffs once upon a time, but with C&S and versa it is no longer a concern, and why do you care if you have to stack a defensive stat (that also gives dmg, mind you) when your class just got chain buffed and does crazy good damage even with that defensive stat?

it might come as a surprise, but not every DPS needs to be able to survive forever while stacking full damage…

1 Like

Being able to did is a good thing for the game and if you’re already T1 no reason to complain

Like my spec is T1 and it’s just as squishy if not even squishier - stacking vers and conflict isn’t even worth it because it won’t make a difference for me and I just give up a ton of offense anyways

Arms has good enough defensives. We need less melee to be like Dks or Dh not more

5 Likes

You get more offensive value out of versatility than defensive. It’s not a “defensive” stat

In PvE it’s equal to Mastery for damage. If you don’t want to stack versatility to survive you should still be stacking it for damage because it’s your second best stat after Haste

Killing a dude before you die is a defensive strategy.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to use defensives to live verse other players in player verse player.

Is this blatant sh*tposting?

I have to spec into my CC where mages get poly baseline.

Crazy right?

1 Like

You mean all CLASSES, right?

If you look at defensives as press a button and receive less damage then sure warriors have:

• Defensive Stance 20% reduction for as long as you want.
  • Die by the sword 30% damage reduction (for all classes) & 100% parry for melee

But on top of that Warrior has tons of utility spells that are also good for playing defensively, unless you waste them being overly mongo:

• Stormbolt
  • Intimidating Shout
  • Disarm
  • Spell Reflect
  • War Banner
  • Rally
  • Bladestorm (to avoid CC)
  • Heroic Leap (to run away)

If you aren’t using all of these to your advantage then the problem is just inexperience and not saving cooldowns for when they can change the outcome of a game.

Me warrior

Me no use utility

Me hit damage button

Blizzard balance game around me

Zug Zug

5 Likes

Arms is fine.

Arms warriors dont need better defensives. Rather other classes (looking at you demon hunters) need nerfed defensives.

Arms best defensive has always been a good healer. Get one of them and youll be fine

Achmed they may call you crazy but god damn you talk some sense

1 Like

Blizz doesn’t want classes to be self reliant because that raises the skill cap. I believe warriors at one point had their shouts, shield wall, 2 reflects, banner, heals…

I forgot if they had that all at once, or separate xpacs, but warriors always had a lot of utility until Blizz decided to make them more upfront damage.

Arms is the closest you’ll get to a warrior with some defensive output.

1 Like

so 12.5% defensive stat? that makes you unkillable?

man…arms with defensive stance(equal to 40% vers) must be godlike. oh, they still flop?

you should learn how C&S modifies stuns