To repeat what has been stated previously in this thread: Arms is in a very poor state at the moment, it feels rage starved, brings almost no utility to a group, be it raid or dungeon, and the overall damage of the spec is pretty poor. The spec honestly need a soft rework to be put back in a meaningful spot, and some of the previously removed aspects of the spec should be re-implemented.
Some things that would greatly improve the spec would be:
- The addition of executioner’s precision as a baseline passive as it greatly empowers our execute phase and allows for additional depth to the gameplay of that phase.
- A rollback of the execute rage refund nerf done at the end of Uldir
- A reintroduction of shockwave to our talent choices to be more competitive in dungeons
- A re-imagining of some of the entirely dead talent choices such as cleave, deadly calm, impending victory, and ravager to make them more competitive
- A re-scaling of many arms azerite traits as most of them are out classed by generic traits that have no value or meaning to our rotation or class
- A reintroduction of Soul of Slaughter as arms is the only spec in the game without any form of self healing outside of need to get a killing blow on a target
Now I am not saying that arms needs all of these by any means as that would massively overpower the spec, but even a few of these changes would greatly improve the spec and allow it to once again be a competitive and fun way to play the game.
All that said, the buff is greatly appreciated and I hope to see a bit more done going forward.