Arms Buff in 9.2.5

Is it noticeable in m+? I’m thinking on jumping back on Arms

AFAIK Fury is still the only thing you should be playing in M+. I am sure someone will correct me otherwise if there is a use for it, but it seems still outclassed from my experience.

I switched to arms last night. I’m gonna try it out. I havent done mythic keys as arms yet this patch though. After seeing the buff arms got and how crap fury does in raid on jailer. I decided to switch to test it out. I definately prefer fury playstyle. Sometimes with arms and you run out if rage, youre just sitting there auto attacking for a few seconds, its defininately a slower playstyle. But if the damage is a good and better than fury i’ll just switch full time.

Well . . .

I am terrible with Fury. Its’ fast pace is pretty toxic for my hands. I am also a lot more use to Arms since it is all I play. I like Arms as well. I have a thing for adding some bleed effects.

I have always done better with Arms than Fury due to this, regardless of what state the specs are in.

4 Likes

Thats because you have no Haste.

Ran with a solid arms dps a night or two ago l def am noticing more representation.

I would say the most important thing would be to maxamize aoe as arms does not have the aoe toolkit like fury.

ok Arms is awesome, hits hard, big numbers, and not as frantic as Fury.

The only thing i wish arms had is a way to heal yourself. You can mitigate damage well with die by the sword and ignore pain but you cant top yourself out in any way which can be frustrating at times.

Second wind could be good but most of the time you’ll have some damage over time on you that will prevent it from kicking in

Dude, I have been Arms since coming back mid Shadowlands and was like “This feels good.” I then swapped to Fury a few weeks ago and have enjoyed it. I then went back the other day to Arms to check out the buffs and it felt so slow and it makes me wish Slam did more.

2 Likes

Yeah blizz has been jerking our specs around this whole expansion. Castle Nathria was arms,SoD started arms then fury got good again. This tier Fury started good, now its going to down and arms is getting better.

In PvP the same type of thing, except now fury is decent. I tried arms PvP the last few days but i dont survive as long or do better damage than fury in pvp.

Also the last few days i did 4 mythic pluses. One 15 and 3 16’s. My damage has increased significantly compared to fury in mythic plus. Our raid leader who is our tank in the keys, said he didnt want me going back fury because i did much more damage as arms. Personally i love fury’s playstyle, alot better. And like you said arms rotation is so slow, but at the moment its doing alot more damage. I plan to try arms in raiding wed and thurs.

I had alot of haste before switching to arms. Especially with old soul trinket. Then add owl man soulbind, i had alot more haste than any other stat besides mastery which was just on the best gear i have. With the kyrian soulbind i could get to 66% haste or higher at times. I sim my gear alot, and i go with what gives me the most damage.

Is it weird that about 15% of my overall damage on a Mythic + is Spear of Bastion?

No that’s pretty normal.

In response to others: I switched from Fury to Arms because Fury’s frantic pace was too much to keep up with for me. I lost a small amount of aoe dmg and gained about 3k single target on bosses. It’s largely about play style and what you play better imo. I went from hardstuck at 16s to pushing 20-21 now.

1 Like

I been on vacation for almost 2 weeks…so arms over take fury again?

I think fury still have the better numbers but personally i do more dps as arms.

Maybe its because the OMG PRESS BUTTON QUICK PANIC MODE you need for fury doesn’t fit my playstyle

Been arms since the end of season 1. Its been a rough go up until this patch. I finally feel level with most classes in M+ (good hunters & destros are still way ahead). So far im averaging about 17k to 22k an instance depending on which instance and group makeup.

2 Likes

If slam gave a potential proc where Mortal Strike could be used free of rage, double the damage and adds a bleed (And charges your target if they expand footing within 30 yards) - I’d be happy smacking slam as if it were a broken-pokie machine, that gives more than it takes. lol

1 Like

Most of the top Warriors in the top guilds have switched to Arms, and they all seem to be doing more dps than they were on Fury.

In raid arms is better at some fights and fury is better at others. Fury is mostly better in M+ though I’ve seen Bizenstein (r1 or 2 on raiderIO for wars) playing some arms in keys a few weeks back. Not sure why though.