Armor tooltip wrong?

I’m confused on what the numbers mean.

I notice on my shaman that the armor tooltip shows 56% physical damage reduction against an equal foe. My rogue, priest, and resto druid are significantly less armored.

Yet, when my shaman is hit they seem to take substantially more damage and my HP bar dents are a lot bigger. A 10k physical hit on my shaman (~20k unarmored damage) is 20%-40% less damage from the same enemy on my less armored characters. Observed against level 120 beasts and through ability logs.

Is this a glitch specific to shaman? Is this glitch why the shaman forums have consistently had posts about “squishy” shamans and survivability?

Or is it a tooltip issue?

Have you compared the damage against your other characters? Is there a difference in health pools?

There is a difference in healthpils, but generally within the 300-425k range.

The damage I have compared. There is definately a difference. I think that’s why its confusing - the damage seems to be mitigated differently for the other classes but I cant figure out why. I’m not testing against magic, poison, disease or curse damage.

The priest one is easy, they get a buff when they take damage that reduces physical damage

300k vs 425k is a huge difference - roughly 50%. A 30k hit on one is 10% versus 7%, which translates to an about +30% “damage reduction” against the total pool…

1 Like