Armor Kits

Why are medium leather armor kits (+1 armor) the same as light leather armor kits (+1 armor)?
Just curious. Seems kind of dumb.

Because of the item squishes. Engineering bombs have the same problem. Now they do almost no damage because of the multiple squishes.

1 Like

Medium armor kits scale with your character level, they can be worth 2 armor points if your character level is high enough. I don’t know where the transition point is.

They don’t scale after they are applied, though, I do remember that. If you apply them when they’re only worth 1 point, the armor doesn’t automatically get a second point when your character reaches the appropriate level. You have to apply a new set of armor kits that are worth +2 to get the +2 bonus.

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ll keep an eye on my level and see if it ever goes up. Was using the armor kits on a level 30-32 hunter/leatherworker.
I’ll stop wasting my medium leather then, till it goes up? Still seems dumb.

According to Wowhead, they provide 2 armor starting at level 43. That doesn’t make sense though as you make them so early. It should be around level 15 or 20 at the most.