Argent Dawn: Are/were all races/classes eligible?

Potentially silly question, but I prefer to play it safe with the lore.

To clarify further, I’m wondering specifically if there are any examples of rogues in the Argent Dawn or, if not, if there is any information still implying rogues as perfectly plausible members.

What about races that weren’t around at the time? I have pandaren characters I like to roleplay; would it have been possible for them to be part of the organization, or even with the Argent Crusade (since the Argent Dawn was absorbed into it)?

I’m wanting to be fully prepared for the pre-patch in terms of IC and OOC. Answers are greatly appreciated!

(I don’t mind light Shadowlands spoilers if they pertain to the topic, but please do forewarn others!)

I remember a similar thread a little while ago, which basically asked why the Argent Dawn was willing to ally with the Horde. The conclusion I offered up then was that the Argent Dawn was not yet the military powerhouse that it would become as the Argent Crusade, and so welcomed aid from anyone who was willing to fight the scourge as a means of getting around their lack of manpower. So yes, I imagine that a rogue could at the very least have been allied to the Argent Dawn in those times.

As for races that were not around for classic through wrath, things get a little bit more tricky. A few Pandaren did venture out from the mists to see the wider world before the events of Mist of Pandaria, but these individuals were very few and far between. Thus it is technically possible, but there are some who might accuse your character of being snowflakey.

2 Likes

The organization seemed to be predominantly Human and Undead initially but most of the races can be amongst the new recruits being trained in Hearthglen.

If your Pandaren was part of it pre MoP that wouldn’t be impossible but would require some thought as to why they wound up there. But really I can’t see the Argents turning down anyone because of their race, especially when some of their earliest members and commanders were undead.

As for class they appear to be mostly Priests, Paladins, Warriors, Rogues and Hunters. They have worked with Warlocks but were suspicious of them. They worked with Death Knights through the Ebon Blade, but seeing as they’ve attacked Light’s Hope twice now I can’t see them being welcomed with open arms.

I’m sure they’d let others in. But most of the Druids, Shamans and Mages they work with seem to be attached to the Cenarions, Earthern Ring and Kirin Tor respectively. I can picture monks sliding in quite nicely though.

1 Like

My understanding is that the Argent Dawn’s neutrality is almost entirely thanks to Tirion and Eitrigg’s friendship. So Tirion led the Argent Dawn with a sense of open mindedness that was fairly unique at the time. So any race could have been a member. But it’s extremely unlikely there would have been any Pandaren among them. Not only were there extremely few Pandaren outside of Pandaria/Wandering Isle at all but also the ones who WERE running around were adventurers who lived to travel. MAYBE a Pandaren might have stopped by Light’s Hope on their travels and helped out for a few days. But one actually being a member and sticking around is next to impossible.

I’m almost positive they had Rogues in the Argent Dawn. People who can do recon are invaluable in operations like that.