Arena point in tbc

Right. If they do this and make the rest accurate to TBC, then we’ll have no good options.

The trouble is, people like the OP exist, so some kind of rating is needed to eliminate that behavior at least mostly.

And blizzard decided that using the system that way was not what they wanted, during TBC. The reason would be the exact same reason as it was in S3, they don’t want people afking to arena gear.

All I’m saying is don’t be surprised if there’s rating reqs from day one.

Why? I think you’re wrong. They want to play TBC like it was designed for. Sure, by S3 you’ll need a rating, but by then we’ll have a lot more options too. And the gap between the other options and the S3 weapons is much smaller.

You’re trying to gatekeep because you don’t like how they would play.

I think plenty of people would be fine with it given that it would remove that option from everyone equally.

They decided it by S3. So it’ll happen for a fact in S3. Whether or not it’ll happen earlier is ultimately up to them, but the resulting backlash would be pretty bad. Blizzard left a lot of things, “warts and all” that they would normally have changed in Classic. Why is this thing the exception?

What a stupid argument.

to be honest, even if rating requirements are implemented for weapons/shoulders, it’s still probably worthwhile to lose 10 games a week in 5s.

You’ll be able to target upgrades in slots you weren’t lucky enough to get anything. It’ll have resilience, but it’s still worth the time investment.

Blizzard has made it clear #nochanges isn’t nearly as much of a priority for TBC Classic.

So yes I think them addressing something they considered a problem in TBC earlier in TBC Classic is very much on the table of possibilities.

Why would I be happy about losing an option because other people also lost the option?

I think the people who wanted the weapons will be upset they can’t get them or that it will take more effort to get them, the people who wanted to gatekeep the weapons will be happy they can lord it over others, and the people who didn’t care will continue to not care.

I don’t think anyone will be “relieved” they don’t have to afk arenas.

1 Like

Sure, but the point is that the reasoning for people to AFK for the weapons prior to S3 is due to a lack of availability during those periods of good weapons.

Also, this would actually impact players who are not as skilled pretty significantly.

Then what about addressing issues like Warriors and Rogues doing bad DPS and not getting taken to raids? What about how limited mote farming is for primals? What about the attunements? What about not having enough, “catch up” gear from badges?

Where does it end in this case? Or do you just support this one thing?

It’s not some all or nothing approach.

Blizzard deemed afking for arena gear a problem during TBC and fixed it. So I won’t be surprised if the same fix comes earlier in TBC Classic as the issue is the same regardless of season.

And for example things like attunements, they’ll be there but they won’t be exactly like they were originally either, details of which remain to be seen.

It has to be a good enough reason. To make the change in S1/S2, a time when weapons were a lot less diverse, you’d alienate players who are not as good at PvP and make a lot of people unhappy - for what? Some gatekeeping PvP players that don’t like the idea of people doing their content without enjoying it?

They fixed it during later seasons, and that’s accurate to TBC. S1/S2 is not.

Source? Pretty sure they’ve said the attunements will remain the same.

Blizzard deemed it enough of a problem to fix in TBC. Afking for arena gear is afking for arena gear, season doesn’t matter. There’s no reason to think the problem will be any better in TBC Classic for seasons 1/2 than it was originally given the current player base so I see it as entirely possible that blizzard will simply deal with it off the bat.

I think you’re vastly over estimating how many people will be sad to see it go. It’ll fall into the oh well one less chore to do every week category.

And no they’ve said we’ll have attunements but were vague on the details, they might be one key allows the entire raid in etc…

It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s necessary or remotely important enough to.

And I think you’re vastly overestimating how many people will be upset if it doesn’t go.

I doubt that.

/shrug all we know is blizzard considered it important enough to address in TBC. How that will play out in TBC Classic remains to be seen. And people have been able to live with arena rating reqs on the gear for a long time, it’s hardly game breaking.

Addressing it for the later seasons is not the same as retroactively deciding to do it for the earlier seasons, especially given, as I said, the lack of diversity and options in weapons.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/5

Looks like Blizzard decided you were wrong.

If we’re going to do this, then I want dispersion.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.