Arena is brutal

Took enough work to hit 1800 as SV.
Continued pushing to 1900 with fair results and managed to hit 2050 today.

My experience then became my pet being literally cc’d into a one shot. Then getting trolled for a rez timer that is insanely broken and needs to be reverted.

If that wasn’t the case it was a match against a warrior just trudging around the map aimlessly condemning or any or the other options of classes which were given a literal 1 shot ability covenant (Ret).

I’d just like to be able to play my class. Where is my “I win” covenant ability? Why does my pet dying despite spamming heals from myself or my healer do nothing?

Rant over. Huge fan of arena but this has been the most frustrating season.

13 Likes

man, this sucks about the pet issue, you say 0-2000 no problem keeping pets alive but in 2050 pets insta die?

1 Like

Wild and crazy notion but player skill will sometimes go up as your rating increases

5 Likes

yeah that is a given but to not be able to keep pet alive is an issue especially if BM spec , if its one shots

1 Like

And no it’s not just an issue there, it’s just highlighted as player skill increases.

If you don’t understand the pet issue then you simply are just ignorant to the topic. Almost anyone here can probably recall a time of 1 shotting a pet and laughing while the hunter endlessly tried to rez it.

I won’t speak for BM but for SV the pet is our resource generator. We literally can’t play without it. Perhaps I should have a spell that permanently destroys an arms warriors sword so they can’t condemn until they craft a new one for 4 seconds.

20 Likes

Killing hunter pets just feels so rewarding. If you can’t manage a pet then it deserves to die. I hope they don’t change it.

Also I hate queuing into hunters in 2s so I might be a little biased.

5 Likes

You can’t pet manage something that can get 1 shot by petting it.

It is definitely not a pet management issue. Again I’m speaking of SV not the folks that hate two red bm pets doing all the work for the bm hunters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

maybe your healer doesn’t have “see pets” enabled in party frames. I’ve never seen any of my dps one shot a hunter pet, I have gotten a few lucky mind games off on hunter as he used Exhilaration and believe it killed the pet.

1 Like

Have def run into this even at higher ratings simply because hunters are barely played this expansion.

Edit: even in bfa a warrior could kill a pet just from cleave dmg without ever targeting it lol

1 Like

:face_with_monocle: :thinking: :thinking: uh thats not actually true. between 2k and 2100 every comp i faced had a bm hunter or sv hunter in it. Talking about 2s by the way. In 3s yeah youre right. Hardly ever see them and rightfully so. They suck in 3s and get trained very hard.

I feel your pain my friend… the best strat i used for beating wars up to duelist this season was running trackers net, diamond ice and steel trap and using it all on the war and running down the heals… we have the toolkit to make there lives miserable… if a warrior is ccd most of the game he cant peel for his heals or do that broken condemn damage… if you havent tried it out id highly suggest it… gl on the rest of the season… amazing to see surv hunters doing well out there

1 Like

Why you troll me

Not trolling. on my arms warrior I faced a **** ton of BM hunters and SV hunters that made my 2100 run absolutely miserable. bm hunter / rdruid and sv hunter / rdruid is an absolute nightmare for a melee. yes I know arena forums. it’s 2s and if I dont like it just :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: “STOP PLAYING 2V2s” :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

What? Warrior/rogues are nowhere near the bottom with hunters

BM been popular for like 3 weeks suddenly comparing it to warrior lol

:expressionless: :expressionless: I see the problem now. You’re a Kyrian SV hunter. Or maybe that’s not the problem? This is my first season playing hunter and i’m nightfae so maybe I shouldnt even have an opinion on this. Never mind. Maybe Dilly is around here some where. :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: My bad! CARRY ON PEEPS!! :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Venthyr is the play. I just do m+ as well cuz I’m a no lifer

1 Like

Ah poop I knew you’d think I was talking to you lol, no I fully support the thread and I also main demo lock and surv hunter so I get it totally xD, I was talking to the guy trying to troll you. #SOLIDARITY

1 Like

I like this, could be new spriest pvp talent or casters in general

:thinking: :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

The pet changes are still baffling to me

Was watching chun’s hunter the other night and turbos at 3k were just tunneling the pet the entire game. It was an automatic turtle when they killed it

Thats because you’re bad at warrior. Warrior has 4 ways to screw up setups. A decent warrior typically accidentally screws them up since they have so many ways to do it.

I just came back from a lengthy break and faced one war in my 3 2s games I could stomach the other night. Watching him waste intervene and reflect leggo everytime I walked to his druid and still struggling to beat them was painful.

6 Likes