Arena changes no one asked for

No i’m using the wotlk mmr system to make my point(the system they are using for tbc)

you start at 0 not 1500.
you have retail mmr.

You should check my arena achievements before you make such a ridiculous statement.

2 Likes

btw, this stuff is also really hated in retail, they are really disconnected from their playerbase

4 Likes

I would say its broken if people who are playing for player vs player experience constantly deal with people who q to lose on purpose for free gear that make it a player vs target dummy and waste 5 minutes.

that is the post

1 Like

if you got 2.2 with that logic it was a hard carry then.
theres zero reason to drop the mmr to gain synergy. synergy is just playing together. if you cant win vs 1700s dropping to 1400 to play them isnt going to help you get better.

needing a specific rating to buy gear sucks

starting rating sounds fine though

1700’s? buddy i play at 2500+mmr,nobody was losing to 1700’s, actually we’d go undefeated all the way to 2k… i’m just saying mmr doesnt stop high rated players from facing lower rated.

1 Like

Yea, sorry, most people don’t do that…

But adding more rating gated gear does?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/starting-at-zero-vs-1500-in-arena/955344

I think that needs to change too. The above post does a nice job of explaining why.

1 Like

it was there in s3, i like it its a rewarding feeling finally getting it.

i was just using numbers in general you could implement that, and of course it doenst its about the mmr of the 3 not the cr.

well it makes you play better and harder trying to get there. gives you something to chase. i never said the rating made it easier to get to a rating. but i can tell you one piece of gear will not help you get 100 points.

And it should be there in S3…like it was in TBC.

2 Likes

thaaaat’s right, older arena had team rating instead of personal rating…ok yeah I definitely get the problem then

2 Likes

Why did it need to be slowed down?

If by “you” you mean me, then you have it wrong. My favourite PvP expansion was WoD, I enjoyed gearing up and playing then the most.

You, and those who like having rating gated gear, already have the weapons and shoulders and titles to give you something to chase. No need to add more.

Well I didn’t play in TBC, so I do have things to chase.