Arena Carry for gold allowed?

I was suspended for using LFG to advertise carring for gold a month ago. Non-community advertising is clearly not allowed.

As long as you do not use LFG, is carrying for gold something that can get you suspended/banned? I have read through so many things but nothing definitive is stated. Any insight on this would be helpful.

pretty sure trade chat only

2 Likes

its allowed but you cannot advertise in LFG, or anywhere outside of trade chat really.

1 Like

It’s banable as of this year:

1 Like

its not. Advertising in non-trade channels is bannable. You can sell boosts for gold, but:

It has to be on the character that’s participating in the boost. (e.g. no level 1s advertising, no making level 1s on other realms and advertising).

No advertising in LFG/General Chat/etc. Trade Chat only.

No organizations allowed like Gallywix Houkon etc. Guilds can advertise however but again only characters that are participating in the boost.

And if you are advertising too much you can be auto-sequelched/silenced because the community can determine that you are being annoying and mass reporting. So you have to be careful here about how frequently you link your macro.

1 Like

You can do arena carries for gold. Just don’t advertise in LFG and don’t spam your advertisements in any chat channel.

I’ve been doing carries for gold since MoP.

1 Like

how much would I have to pay a level 11 classic character to boost me? shopping around

3 Likes

It depends. I haven’t really needed gold because I just buy WoW tokens nowadays.

okay well if you stop buying wow tokens and decide to boost again let me know, boosting since mop you must be a VIP booster i’d pay top coin

I still boost occasionally, more so to help people out since I don’t really need the gold, but I still do charge a premium gold fee for my time.

The fact of the matter is $20 is incredibly cheap for me. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to hardcore boosting for gold.

Plus, I’ve enjoyed playing the AH this patch. I’ve had a stronghold on the legendary market on my server cluster. Made tens of millions this expansion alone off of just that.

Heh, I was actually very young in MoP. This was before WoW tokens so I needed to boost for the gold at the time.

nice can I ask your credentials before I purchase my boost from you?

You’ve been doing carries since MoP? I call bullocks: Classic WoW wasn’t out yet.

Hard-stuck level 11 Troll Hunter on Classic WoW. The boars are gate-keeping.

The LFG Window isn’t for advertisting

Trade Chat is.

I report every WTS spam in LFG dailiy, figured it didn’t do anything

2 Likes

i actively spam report gold for carry trash.

i hope you guys get perma banned!

the wow community needs to learn to play not get carried!

1 Like

oh man this is gonna be a good topic i can already tell. :slight_smile:

Best answer

• Advertising for gold is allowed.
  • You cannot advertise outside of Trade Chat.
  • You shouldn’t post your macro less than once every 2-3min.
  • Do all business through official Blizzard channels. If you need to invite to discord for voice, that’s fine, but do it after a gold payment has been made. (not required, but makes it less suspicious)
  • Advertisers must participate in the boost.

yep anything is allowed in the game rn you can open LFG and will only see adds for RMT