Arena 1vs1

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be kinda neat to have a 1v1 arena for people that don’t want to do team based arenas. What do yall think?

Disc priest versus blood dk.

3 Likes

there’s duels
you’re also playing an mmo, the m stands for social skills

also game isnt designed or balanced around 1v1 cant wait to see every arms warrior ask for more self healing (jk they already do)

5 Likes

I like the idea a LOT, however…it will always have it’s downsides.

It’s nearly IMPOSSIBLE to balance pvp in a 1v1. Meaning if a holy paladin wants to pvp vs an assassination rogue, he’s not gonna want to…but one is CLEARLY more OP than the other.

When you make 2v2 or higher, it becomes easier to balance teams matchmaking just simply from variations of combo’s that can queue and ilvl of those variations.

You know in a match when you get into a 1v1 crosskill situation with a rogue and he just los’s/shadowstep+saps/etc until 90% dampening? 1v1 arenas would be that every game

2 Likes

I’m working on maxxing out versatility. If I’m going to die with only one hp bar that can’t be healed then I’ll make it the hardest hp bar to take down.

2 Likes

I’d say let us know how that works out for you against rmx but I’m sure you already will.

Are you familiar with the Dueler’s Guild?

I think 1v1 arena should be a thing. With restrictions of 1. No actual mmr or ranking . OR if there is no actual reward. Kind of like pet battles. Where its just a fun hobby to do but no power gain from it. 2. If tanks and healers are allowed to queue they take 30% more damage or the duel goes straight to 50% dampening.

3 Likes

Hopefully long enough to last through burst windows during chain cc.

Balanced 1v1?

No abilities
No armor
No racial abilities

Just you, your opponent, your best RP mog and the sheer willpower to stay in an arena for 20mins while the two of you spam space bar and Skey periodically, smacking one another in the face.

here, I think you havent heard of this spell yet and no, you dont need a brain to use it so its perfect for you gwenchannie! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sums up BfA nicely.

Mages laugh at defensive stance laogaga! I have 20% versatility on my PvP set and feel ok fighting others in arena. I think in a couple of months getting those versatility corruptions it can be pushed beyond 30%.

1 Like

yes

3 Likes

his name is actually pronounced LEERY.

I know I was shocked too don’t question me

2 Likes

just make the 1v1 only vs your type of spec. Dps vs dps, healer vs healer, tank vs tank. for healer vs healer duels they could buff damage by like 100% or something to make games a bit faster.

they wouldnt have to balance it IMO. Just leave it for what it is, just like 2s. 2s literally means nothing in the current state of the game. Although it is extremely unbalanced many people still love it. I see no reason why they can not add a 1v1 bracket

1 Like

there you go

I live in america therefore you have to speak english

1 Like

I have 32% versa, 20% dam redux in ghostwolf

Still die.