Area 52 guards still not attacking

More bugged guards that do nothing in a highly populated questing location. Area 52 needs to be fixed. The “PvPers” that are abusing these bugs should be hit with something. Not a ban by any stretch, but they clearly found a bug and are abusing it. If the guards don’t attack in a neutral town, wtf are the guards even there for? Don’t worry everybody. Blizzard is just a AAA, multibillion dollar a year SMALL INDIE COMPANY. They just don’t have the resources to fix small things like guards not attacking, or getting stuck behind or in objects. $8 billion a year is not enough to fix these types of things. Nothing to see here.

If you can’t fix your safe zones, then give the option to turn off PvP. At least for the people not yet 70. It’s so fun to be camped in extremely useful neutral questing hubs by 70s while you are trying quest, so fun. If people want world PvP, that’s fine. Go PvP IN THE WORLD, not camped out in safe zones because the safe zone isn’t functioning properly.

2 Likes

Or just, yknow, not play on a PvP server…

That’s like saying… toilet’s broken? Why are you using a toilet? Just crap outside bro!

Safe zones are safe zones for a reason. Even on PvP servers. Towns have guards for a reason, even on PvP servers. You’re Horde. Pretty much all Horde seem to enjoy abusing exploits. You wouldn’t understand.

Safe zones would be sanctuary zones, such as Shattrath. (And later examples like Dalaran)

Area 52, Gadgetzan, Booty Bay… Those are not safe zones. They have guards, yes, but it doesn’t make it a safe zone. Others can still kill you. You’re asking for an option to turn OFF PvP, even though you’re on a PvP server.

I’m only level 38 on TBC Classic, so I haven’t even reached Outlands yet. Guards work weird, they will attack, but there were ways, and still are ways, to prevent getting aggro from them. For instance, killing someone where the guards can’t reach. If guards can’t reach someone, (i.e far enough away from town, on a roof, etc.) they will eventually give up.

You’re Alliance. Pretty much all Alliance seem to be snowflakes.

You’re right. How dare I have a little honor and not abuse something broken. What a terrible existence I must live to have some kind of integrity.

Also, this is why you shouldn’t be speaking. It’s not a matter of “there are always ways to prevent getting agro” blah blah blah. First of all, roof top camping is literally bannable. They had GMs come into the game during Classic’s first few weeks to keep telling horde to STOP CAMPING ROOFTOPS OR BE BANNED. They literally have screenshots of them doing this. Secondly, this isn’t the case for Area 52. Guards just literally don’t give a **** right now. You can stand right in there face and PvP. There is no “clever use of mechanics” the guards are just flat out broken.

And lastly, I like how instead of denying that you abuse broken mechanics for your personal gain, you call me a snowflake. Pretty typical.

You’re right man, Horde is definitely the only ones who do this. Wow man, almost as if other Alliance aren’t doing the same thing!

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m not saying this shouldn’t be fixed. Not saying this at all. Im mainly saying, your suggestion of, “being able to turn PvP off” because a “safe zone” isn’t working as intended, even though it’s not really a safe zone because it’s not a sanctuary, is stupid.

I like how you assume just because I didn’t deny anything meant that I was accepting what you were saying as fact lol. I just didn’t choose to acknowledge it, I ignored you because your statement was stupid. “hUrR hUrR, aLl HoRde ExPloIt.” You’re literally the WoW version of stereotyping by race in real life.

And when you can’t understand that I was just mocking you, you’re just making yourself look like a clown :clown_face:

I’m really only calling you a snowflake. See how stupid it is to stereotype people just because of the faction they play?

“aLl HoRdE eXpLoIt”

And just like that, “what I reaaaaalllly meant was…” Same crap, different idiot. Stop pinging me.

Ping him again

Literally used the same format you were using when you were stereotyping people based off faction.

Same crap, same idiot.

Can confirm. Still broken on Whitemane as well. Guards not attacking and Horde are abusing this at the moment.

My man… I just had a 24 hour ban. Reported me for insulting you after you called me a snowflake. Interesting tactic, Karen. The Karen button is specifically for snowflakes. GG. Just ban me permanently Blizz, so I don’t have to interact with these people. It’s my post, if you don’t like what I am saying, go somewhere else.

What are you talking about? I didn’t report you for anything.

This is a public forum, everyone can read what is said here. Someone probably read this thread and reported something you said. If it makes you feel better, one of my posts was flagged as well but the flag was later removed by staff.

My bet is someone didn’t like the bickering here. Oh well, careful next time dude.

I don’t care if I am banned. I just want them to take their $8 billion a year budget at their small indie company and fix really small issues that seem to either take forever to fix, or never get fixed at all. That’s all. That’s the only thing I want. Unfortunately, they send you to the forums now to report bugs which sets up the opportunity for people to bicker at each other. Why? Who TF knows? Why does Blizzard do any of the stupid things they do with the massive budget they have?

Fix the problem.