Are you retiring for classic?

its in this video, skip to 22:07

1 Like

yeah I would play a tbc server but im not gonna play classic more than the meme rogue ambush or something

You could always use the opportunity to get a couple guys ready for tbc and have them at 60 ready to go.

If they do release a tbc server, I’d imagine they would let us character copy over to a tbc realm.

Im looking forward to classic. I think wow is an amazing product but i liked the game when it was simpler and skill was > gear

Ok, where did this come from? No one randomly references that as an insult. You some navy kid or something? Lol

And capitalize Marine next time, nasty thing. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I won’t feel bad for the kids stuck in an mmo no one cares about. The fact that classic is a threat for live just shows how dead and meaningless bfa is. For the 5% of people still rolling the dice for gear and spamming the same ole 3s… rofl . Ima go make some pom pyro one shot vids.

1 Like

One more week of this garbage.

Soon as classic drops you may see me on BFA once a week for the cap…maybe…probably not…

BFA is so trash I’ve exited game to play Minesweeper and Solitaire.

More than once.

3 Likes

yes because running in a circle spamming frost shock and nobody being able to close the gap was skill

1 Like

It came from the inability for people to read what i said, and objectively reply without injecting their emotions and just blaming blizzard for everything.

Yeah, blizzard screwed things up, that’s not news. But i don’t see how supporting old content that isn’t nearly as balanced as people seem to think, is a good idea.

And the whole gear thing, idk how true that is. The average player is way more skilled now than they ever were in vanilla, so we’ll see if thats enough to outweigh horrendous class balance and gear dependency.

Wouldnt be surprised if geared players are running around one shotting people and the rose tinted glasses come off for a lot of folks.

How is BFA any better? You’re supporting a garbage system where they prioritize awful RNG mechanics to increase a players time played.

Some people like BFA and some like classic hence the release of classic…

you can LARP as some doomsday prophet all you want but the only rose tinted goggles are the ones you’re wearing as you struggle doing 9’s all week and maintain a 40% w/l in 2s.

tfw Ur not the average player.

Don’t worry arena should be easier when 50% of the pvp playerbase goes to classic.

Lol my win loss literally means nothing. Its a brand new class for me. Like braaand new, and when i level capped i thought it was a good idea to jump straight in arenas with a friend who was also a brand new rdruid. We tried for a week or two before we gave up and started doing mythics, which ive never done, hence the 9s.

So not sure what to tell you. My highest cr is 1950 which is probably because i switch classes every other day because i want to play everything. Who knows man, maybe theres more behind that number than you would think. Or did you just come out of the womb at 2.2k and 1500io on every class?

Really fragile if out of my entire post you took it as an explicit attack on your CR

No wonder you keep repeating to yourself classic will bomb and everyone will hate it.

right on I want TBC

1 Like

I dont think it will bomb. It obviously already has a ton of traction, I just dont agree with it.

And I also dont think everyone will hate it, but I do believe that many will be surprised when it isn’t the pvp nirvana some people think.

is what it is at the end of the day. Like you said, some people differ

90% of the classic playerbase stopped pvp’ing because it died ages ago

vanilla is about world pvp which has no balance and its fcking glorious in all its imperfections

arena players saying they wont play classic?

nobody cares we are less than 3% of the playerbase and im being generous af

I think people are going to find classic appealing even if they think they won’t.

It’s just that kind of game.

2 Likes

BFA is literally a chore.

Arenas aren’t fun, but still have to cap over 2100 for gear. M+s aren’t fun, but still have to do 1 every week. Raids aren’t fun, but have to do them for PVP.

All of this in hopes that there will be a patch to make PVP not suck.

Yes I’m quitting for classic unless there is a huge overall to PVP (which there won’t be).

5 Likes

More than anything I think I just liked the state of the world back then. The universe itself was fresh off the tailcoat of Warcraft III, which was rich with narrative. After many years being produced as an MMO, the whole franchise seems a bit like an astronaut who’s been away from earth too long.

After the primary villains that had been introduced into the game universe during Warcraft III had been systematically defeated by players and removed as potential threats, there really just wasn’t much of a solid foundation remaining upon which the game could stand and still look good.

Enter Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria, even Warlords of Draenor felt like a bit of a stretch.

But back then, at 60 cap, progressive patch content delivered brand new villains into the world that were realistically threats to the security of Azeroth, but simultaneously didn’t denaturalize the primary plot narrative by utilizing characters like Arthas, Jaina, Thrall, Cairne, Malfurion; etc – it left them in peace.

They were bigger and better than we were – we were dealing with these threats because the task had been delegated to us; but the threats we faced at 60 cap weren’t major enough to involve characters who were the pillars holding up the narrative.

We were just denizens and heros of the Alliance and Horde – because the developers understood, at that time, that each and every player couldn’t be Khadgar’s best friend; because the identity of that person isn’t just some manner of variable you can wave around, placing any player that completes some quest into it, and still feel like the integrity of the narrative is intact.

It’s like telling the player that they are Akunda, and yet every other player in the game is also Akunda, but actually we’re different people? Because we literally see each other in the game as separate entities.

After WotLK they needed to end development on WoW as we know it. The world, since then, has become less believable, distinct, and unique in the way Warcraft was when I first became interested in it. They’d ought to’ve focused, instead, on delivering franchise content through a medium which was better viable to deliver actual substance into its’ narrative.

(Provided that it had been their intent to advance the primary narrative which pervades the universe past the point at which it had been left at the end of the Bonus campaign from TFT)

It just seems inevitable that progressive or advancing narrative development is hard pressed to work well, or perhaps “feel good” through the medium of an MMORPG. Obviously there are other reasons as well; but that’s certainly one of the major ones.

3 Likes