Are you really a member of the community council

If you don’t engage with the community. We got people sitting on the community council with barely 100 posts total and I’m wondering how that makes sense. These people are supposed to represent us as a community right? How are they supposed to do that if they don’t talk with us to know what we want.

Should be a requirement that you need to have an active engagement with the community before becoming a member of the council is all. At this point, just remove the community part and just call it the “chosen” council.

43 Likes

do you really want to talk to people here?

11 Likes

Your Name XaN did you play GOTY Unrealtournament 99 ? just wondering*

almost like it’s a gratuitous fancy title with no real impact as a whole
granted we have some who generally do interact with us, good on them
but we have yet others that are shell lv10 alts who hardly engage with any section of the forums at all
even dillon, part of the discontinued mvp program, interacts more often in a positive manner with the community
blizzard just can’t seem to get a good system down in order to engage with the forum community

11 Likes

I never saw anything that said they were the bridging the gap between non-Council members and WoW developers. The WoW Community Council Welcome Post says: “Welcome to the WoW Community Council forum! This forum is where WoW Community Council members and Blizzard representatives can post about anything related to World of Warcraft.”

That just says that IF you got picked for the community council the devs are more likely to notice what you post (but still not guaranteed). On the up-side of your complaint, that same welcome post also says: “We will continue to add Council members as often as necessary to bolster every kind of discussion here, and Council members will be removed one year after they were first added to the program.” So every year you could reasonably expect some/all existing members will be rotated out in favor of new players.

It really IS a chosen council. Council members represent their own opinions, not those of the majority. Nor are they obligated to try and represent the entire community other than by statistical sample size. The welcome post says “WoW Community Council members have been selected from among the many thousands of applicants for their varied experience playing and posting about the game, as well as their diverse perspectives.”

I think you just misunderstood their role.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t they just post on alts? And also given how the only CC member that posts here seems to get attacked by people I can see why the majority would avoid using their CC character.

Once again, if you’re mad at the system then blame Blizz. Don’t attack the people lol.

1 Like

I’m more upset with the word “community” meaning they represent something more than themselves

24 Likes

Yeah I don’t get the point of it. I wish they fixed the GD instead of this weird PR move.

8 Likes

some of them engage alright.

it’s rarely something i can relate to tho. they dont represent me very well.
i appreciate the effort tho.

“The community” is not just the gremlins that are on the forums regularly you know

10 Likes

Probably because their name is confusing.

If they were called something more accurate like Blizzard’s Chosen, nobody would be confused.

12 Likes

Not everyone on the council is using their normal posting character.

2 Likes

I thought I read awhile back that CC and MVPs can’t character hop.

Maybe they are posting on a level 10 alt, seems to be all the rage these days…

:rofl:

2 Likes

Yea they shouldn’t be able to. I’m not on the community council so I can post on whoever I want. But there should be a bit of transparency when it comes to people who represent more than themselves or so that’s how it’s been perceived

1 Like

I consider the Community Council to be a forum I mostly ignore. Occasionally though, I’ll take a peek and upvote threads that reflect something I agree with.

I never imagined the council members represented me, or that they were even supposed to.

5 Likes

To be fair, some of them are from that EU forum or whatever and had to make new characters to participate here in CC.

I’m sure there are some though who just want to be incognito.

And so can they, because there was never a stated requirement that they interact with us on the forums. For all you know they could be active in the various class discords. Let’s be honest a second, this sounds like nothing more than sour grapes.

4 Likes

Is there a rule that days they must post here? It is such a small portion of the players, this forum is unimportant.

2 Likes