Are you purposely trying to grief your game blizz?

Are you actually thinking, “This is such a good idea” when randomly changing the warchief’s blessing warning time to 3 seconds, so no one can log in in time for it.

Do you not see the problem when people are on their phones in the middle of the day, trying to remotely log in for rallying cry? What minority are you trying to please by keeping this stupid authenticity of world buff cooldown.

You zerged out a ton of realms after launch and enabled free character transfers, which effectively killed some factions or realms all together. And now you’re not cleaning up the mess.

The community tells you world ranking is unbearable, but you have everyone suffer another month of it. One faction is spending 95% of the time riding around doing nothing. The other is spending 95% running back to their corpses. So engaging.

It really feels like you’re trying to make quality of life as poor as possible. The amount of tedious crap grossly outweighs the rewarding gameplay. People are dropping like flies and you’re seemingly a deer in headlights to all of it.

13 Likes

Then make a choice.

My choice is to give them feedback.

20 Likes

I remember one of the biggest complaints about retail from the classic crowd was that it felt like blizzard was trying to force you to play a certain way and was being too controlling.

I remember classic fans saying that classic was much better because it was a sandbox and you could make it what you wanted, based on the community that grew organically within the servers.

Well you got your sandbox. Look what you did too it.

6 Likes

Youre posting about warchiefs blessing?

2 Likes

They’re griefing their own game in multiple ways. This is almost a non issue compared to the antrocity of them letting Alliance xfer from pvp servers basically making 40-60 servers become 10-90 servers.

The more successful Classic is I think the more the higher ups at Blizz realize how bad that makes them look and how their jobs could be in jeopardy so the motive is there for them.

8 Likes

Hmmm, I was around for the retail/legacy server wars and I don’t recall this argument ever being presented in such black-and-white terms, mainly because vanilla WoW was never a true sandbox. In its original state, it was much more of a sandbox than current, retail WoW, and I clearly remember people saying that-- and it is true. And the second argument is also a true one because it was based on how vanilla WoW was: small communities, no more than a few thousand on each server, so that it was possible to eventually get to know everyone (or at least know of everyone).

I hope you’re addressing Blizzard here because all of these problems stem from the sometimes bizarre implementation of Classic WoW.

Don’t get me wrong, I am personally enjoying the game immensely. But it is a very different experience, in many ways, from what was originally envisioned by the people passionately arguing for legacy servers. Were we naive? No doubt. But I don’t think it’s too much to ask Blizzard to correct problems such as the one OP brings up in the original post of this thread.

2 Likes

Classic as a game is great. Blizzard is the one who messed it up.

3 Likes

So basically the gist is:
Retail has too much Blizzard intervention.
Classic has too little (or none) Blizzard intervention.

2 Likes

Yeah! And don’t you hate pants?

Preach it, brother!!!

2 Likes

coughs in rose tinted goggles

In essence: all those QoL changes? They happened for a reason. Some were good, some were bad, but to pretend they were universally bad… well take a look at the state of classic right now and you’ll see the truth of it.

Mark my words, 3 hours after BG’s launch this forum will be flooded with complaints about warsong gulch turtle fests that last longer than AV.

3 Likes

We allowed huge bugs to make it through beta because we wanted Beta to be more about advertising the game via popular streamers and less about qualified and dedicated testers.

We allowed an easily detectable, easily referenced (with youtube video proof of era-accurate values), and very obvious raid experience bug that actually made it into the live game and and allowed people to fly to 60 and get way ahead of most of the playerbase.

We never told blizzard that layering would be exploited despite their best efforts, good thing no one exploited it for leveling, resource farming, dungeon resetting (you know not all of them were banned), or accidental free raid lockouts.

We were all totally onboard with unregulated server transfers, multiple times in a row, that allowed the less dominant faction to transfer off, creating a snowball effect whereby the already beaten down faction was given another opportunity to transfer off.

The private server community rightfully never stepped in and mentioned how horrible open world pvp ranking was going to be in an effort to get Blizzard to re-evaluate the decision, good thing everyone has been enjoying wpvp ranking and it hasn’t been affected by severe faction imbalanced caused by stupidly handled server transfers, dodged that bullet.

Soon to come: The community wants 1.12 AV because it is the most fun and engaging version of AV (who wants to interact and do anything nostalgic in the BG except rush to the end and kill the guy).

Our sandbox? Blizzards litter box.

6 Likes

We get it, you dont like classic. Move along

2 Likes

Seems you are badly wanting to say told you so because some aren’t happy with Classic. Of course there are going to be some people who are unhappy. There always was, always is, and always will be. You haven’t won the victory you think you won.

My realm is doing extremely well and it’s not even one of the realms that still has occasional queues. I think some in my guild have mentioned there might be a 5 minute queue on occasion during peak hours. You are of the misconception that Classic has failed and the rose-colored glasses came off.

Go ahead. Make a character on Pagle. Go to SW or IF and look at the sea of people that’s there in this failed game. The zones are alive. Looking for group and trade channels always scrolling. Sorry to disappoint you, but Classic is far from a failure and those rose-tinted goggles came off and tons of people love the actual game. I know I know. How could anyone dare actually enjoy what you don’t, right?

just make world buffs fall off when you enter an instance. Then you won’t have a bunch of sweaty nerds standing around in org for hours waiting for the head to drop.

AND content will become ever so slightly more difficult… kinda.

No, the whole rose tinted goggles thing is about the fact that peoples memories of the game are inaccurate. So yeah, on that count we were right, to no-ones shock.

I haven’t won the victory you think that i think I’ve won. Which was never something i was after. I don’t want classic to fail because I want TBC realms. If classic fails that will never happen.

By all accounts that seems to be the exception to the rule.

I really couldn’t care less that people enjoy classic. I do enjoy watching the BS built up around every solitary aspect of classic come crashing down in the face of reality.

Yup WARcraft. Its been more than i could hope for. I don’t even have to leave IF to pvp. That’s a wonderful thing.

If you wanted pve with a side of retail level wpvp and were on a pvp server for P2 you chose the wrong type of server. It’s almost over now, back to boring mat farming on Tuesday.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Or you trying to design your own game.

I just looked it up, and even the players who killed Rend do not get the buff – only players who are logged in and in Orgrimmar then. Even players that are logged in and playing (but not in Orgrimmar at this moment) do not get the buff.

So it was DESIGNED to happen at random, unpredictable times. It was obviously NOT designed as a faction-wide buff that everyone could get – even people not in the game, who would log in on their phones to get the buff like YOU are suggesting.

Not designing a feature that YOU want is clearly not “trying to grief your game”. What nonsense!

Stupid question time. What’s Warchief’s Blessing?

You people literally cry about everything. Get over yourself.