Are you happy with your classes' proposed changes?

Not really all that impressed with the Rogue stuff.

1 Like

Agree here.

Maelific Grasp hasnā€™t been a thing in over 4 years. Itā€™s been removed for almost three times as long as we had it.

Aff was at itā€™s most fun back in TBC and Wrath when we had to juggle like 6 or 7 dots and debuffs.

As long as ramping up buys us something there will always be a place for Affliction. The problem right now is that the ramp up doesnā€™t buy the spec anything because itā€™s just a disguise for a generic burst-phase design.

Hereā€™s how I would design affliction.

5 dots: Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Doom, Unstable Affliction
2 debuffs: 1 curse (long-term debuff) + 1 new short term debuff (something on par with smiteā€™s disc absorption effect)
No filler. Not even drain soul, which would be either removed or changed into a cooldown that helps generate shards if you can find an opportunity to stand still and channel it.

Iā€™d develop a mini-game revolving around the doom DoT where you can increase its cast time to ramp up its damage by reducing its duration. This would reward the spec for knowing and practicing content and thinking ahead.

By not having a filler of any kind available to the spec, you could buy quite a bit of complexity for the minigame and truly make the spec unique. The big problem would be convincing people that the lack of filler wasnā€™t wasted time (to be fair, I also thought that about playing a warrior with Devastator. However, I now know that itā€™s much harder to not push buttons and wait for the correct time than it is to just mindlessly ABC your keys in a ā€œrotationā€).

Iā€™m not happy that one of my afflictions does not stack any more, but I get more oomph out of my spells. I also get (I believe) two new spells.

It just means a minor change in my playstyle.

thats a downer. The wife was just about to roll a new rogue last night.
I talked her out of it for now. Maybe she needs to see the list of changes before wasting her time.

Yeah, definitely have her check them out at the very least. She may still be interested in playing one. For me, however, I am finding Priest and Warrior to be pretty intriguing at the moment. ā€œMindgamesā€ sounds like it could be pretty fun.

1 Like

No, Iā€™m not.

Resto shamans basically get nothing next expansion.

And will continue to feel clunky through shadowlands.

1 Like

For me, the answer depends entirely on how tunung turns out. If I can play standard build again without getting mocked, Iā€™ll be satisfied. If itā€™s more of this ā€œGlimmer or get outā€ crap I may not even bother. I could keep using my priest as backup or even a different class, but I really just want to play HPal again.

I am FASCINATED with the resto druid changes. They remind me a LOT of when I started playing, and itā€™s very possible if they yank HPal away from me again I could end up going back to my resto druid roots (no pun intended).

I donā€™t feel like this class will really benefit from unpruning. I liked my simple rotation, this just muddies it up. Not the biggest fan of balance druid changes either.

Really the proof will be in whether I feel like a weak piece of crap like I did at the start of BfA, it really is all in the tuning, Iā€™ll deal with the rest as long as my character doesnā€™t feel gimped.

I still want vengeance back.

Haha, BM hunter doesnā€™t need unpruning.
I guess having a 3rd ability might be too difficult for many people to comprehend.

Solid 5/5 meme, friend.

Demon hunter isnt changing much, though baseline immolation aura and demonic for vengeance is nice. Still want my havoc artifact ability back thoughā€¦

Warrior, again the core rotation doesnt seem to be changing much. Admittedly I havent played my warrior since 8.2 so I am not sure I can call it another main anymore.

Dk Iā€™m fine with, I will miss frost whelps indignation but we get sindragosas fury or what ever itā€™s called baseline now. My only concern is that Breath of sindragosa, which I loathe, will become the only option again.

Those are my main three classes, though the shaman changes for enhancement excite me a lot. To the point Iā€™m considering going shaman for most of SL.

Absolutely. Although Itā€™s hard for me to appreciate these changes with the negative bombs theyā€™ve dropped (AoE capping, GCD not changed, reduced loot overall etc)

Anyway, seeing Balance Druids going back to old Eclipse looked wonderful.

Seeing Shamans without that STUPID resource being turned into Rogues looked absolutely amazing, as well as seeing spells weā€™ve had for YEARS being turned back into spells and not talents. Enhancement already plays much more fluidly.

Now if we can just get Insanity removed from Shadow Priests and Void Form obliterated, Iā€™d be happy.

Nope, nothing is really being changed. Just another expac where you think things are gonna change but really its the same, just worded differently.