Are you enjoying random battlegrounds? Yes or no?

For me not really…

sadly it seems like most games can be predicted what team is going to win before the game even starts…

when i see i have 2 super undergeared healers on my team but the enemy team has 2 healers with 110k+ hp… i just know its gonna be a lopsided stompfest… and i hate to sound like “that guy” but usually im right…

is it just me? or why does almost every game have 1 super geared team and 1 garbage geared team?

ugh… man i really hope DF does gear better. I know they r changing gear a bit but i also hope they address gear gaps. cuz its not fun when the enemy team has 30-100% more stats than your team

10 Likes

I do enjoy it! It’s my favorite content and why I play at all, really. I usually set the expectation that I’ll probably lose, and focus on having my own fun and seeing personal objectives through.

Whether it’s enforcing communication, interrupting scenarios, running flags, defending, or fighting a rival, I make sure each game has its own thing I’m doing.

Win or lose, I still have fun

14 Likes

It depends. As you said, most games can be determined by the HP of your team VS the HP of the enemy team. I’d say that every ~5th game or so it’s pretty evenly matched and that usually results in a great game. Already this morning I had an evenly matched Ashran that came down to the last few kills. A TM vs SS that was an absolute slaughter on our end. A WSG where we had 1 healer with 45k HP (you can imagine how that ended). And a solo shuffle with one guy with 50k HP and he just died every round.

On my alts i’m the one being slaughtered. On this toon and my druid i’m the one doing the slaughtering. Neither feels good.

Do I enjoy it, yes, always, but the gear disparity is a major issue and hinders one team or the other severely. This also decreases the available pool of players since the number of new players coming into BGs are being reduced due to being fodder and ineffective. So as the Season goes on the gear disparity gets worse and the pool of players decreases.

I like nail biter close games with both teams seem equal and the competition is just fierce.

The later in the expansion we get, the fewer of those games that seem to exist because of several tiers of gear gap from a fresh 60 to a max level.

6 Likes

Depends. Sometimes it’s fun, sometimes it’s just terrible.

Have been grinding out av rep on my pally (alliance) and it has been atrocious watching the charge south to lose almost every single match.

Random battlegrounds are the only place I can have ‘stress-free’ fun. Playing healer, rated bgs and 2s/3s arena gives me anxiety (only do them so I can gear up)

That being said, you can’t win all games… For example, there are games where I am the only healer in AB and because of my heals in LM teamfight , I could turn the game around and my team could hold 3 after winning LM.

On the other hand, I had an AB bg where there are 3 healers but my team just fight on roads and had no initiative to even take anything and we lost. Both happened on the same day.

No point stressing over things you cant control.

I think this was their solution to rising queue times. Close games take longer, especially in Epic BGs. I think they started rigging the teams to have a dominant team that would make quick work of the opposition. The win would filter out a handful of players from the pool since they got their conquest and everyone else could quickly get into the next match. Repeat the process until enough winners are filtered out and eventually the system might step back to allow something remotely resembling a competition to occur.

I’m hoping the fact that they’re bombarding youtube with ads and have resorted to handing out Shadowlands for free will serve as a wake-up call that sacrificing fun in the name of metrics is always going to be a piss-poor decision. If a game is fun, people will pay to play it. When you start having to resort to d-bag tactics, you need to re-evaluate how you got to that point in the first place.

If your overall number of players in queue have fallen off a cliff, it’s probably because they’re tired of having no chance to win. Get rid of the ilvl gap and allow the competition to actually compete.

If queue times are struggling because of faction imbalance, you might want to consider offering some incentive to even out the factions. Get rid of mercenary mode and remove the cost of faction change from high to low population faction. Offer an achievement and transmog for players who faction change a max level character to the lower population faction and win so many BGs or kill so many raid bosses.

If queue times are struggling because there are more people in queue than available matches, you may have to admit to yourselves that people enjoy PVP as much as PVE and it may be worth the investment to be able to host more matches at a time instead of cheapening the experience to artificially reduce the wait times.

1 Like

Nope. I don’t do em. They are as challenging as rbgs, so we just do rbgs.

1 Like

So far this season I’ve been splitting my time between rated bgs(to gear up) and community epics in between. Sometimes I even do the brawls if it’s one I like.

I might start mixing in regular random battlegrounds again once the season is further along. They’re generally not a favorite of mine though.

1 Like

I stopped Wow about a year ago and only just started to play agian due to PVP. I love jumping on for 45min and playing a couple of BG’s. I feel PVP just has not had the love in each expansion. I also feel that playing full subs just to play PVP is on fair of we get no additional content. Would be cool to have half subs for PVP only.

On my MM hunter, yeah i enjoy them xD

I love those 1v1 battles between you and another dude constantly fighting each other away from the teams.

Should start complaining about your allies not ccing / purging / interrupting if you’re going to complain about something as ridiculous as gear imbalance between healers. Most bgs its best to keep a healer slowed/ccd on the edge of the fight while you rotate cc chains and kill their dps that run in trying to help. Killing a healer does nothing but give them a full mana bar.

1 Like

I only do Epic BG’s or RBGs and the occasional Brawl.

1 Like

You could always play a healer and get geared and be the solution rather than wait for someone else to fix the problem.
Or, you could be the fifth hunter on your team. :man_shrugging:t4:

That only goes so far. I’ve had games where I out heal both of the enemy healers put together, and still lose because my DPS can’t kill anyone. Just prolongs the inevitable.

Yup, little detail sometimes easily forgotten is: without being rude, the quality of a team healed does matter.

Even if you’re pumping amazing heals into the team, if they’re not playing objective or their class well, mis identifying threats, etc…. Might not ultimately matter. In some rare cases, had you been a dps to help lead the focusing, it might’ve been more valuable.

Can’t win them all

Edit: phone, grrr

1 Like

I think the issue is that they didn’t have enough hunters

1 Like

It’s really sad and not enjoyable when teammates are yelling you suck or the team sucks. sad how some Toxic players have become I guess it has always been part of the game but it is hard to play when you get that sh*t more than needed in Random BG’s . Seems like sometimes your own teammates want to fight with you rather than play the game.

1 Like