Are you allowed to use PCT to make gold?

1. Send a bunch of gold to an alt on Whitemane
  2. Do a paid-character-transfer to a server with tiny population
  3. Buy as much black lotus as you can get
  4. Create another level 1 character on that realm, and mail all the black lotus to that character
  5. Do a paid-character-transfer back to Whitemane
  6. Sell all your black lotus for double the price

Is the above a perfectly valid way of using RL $$ to make gold?

Or does it violate the CoC/EULA?

As far as I know, this already occurs and is allowed.

2 Likes

this is why there is a lvl/gold limit on server transfers

1 Like

You’re gonna drop 50 bucks to make some gold?

1 Like

would be more then 50…if you counted the time investment to get the original alt to 51…as that is when you can transfer with 2000 gold…before that the most you can take is 500 gold…so not worth it if your trying to play the AH for BL…

1 Like

Maybe just play the game instead of trying to manipulate markets? Like what’s the point? If you have enough gold to transfer to another server, buy up all the Black Lotus, and then transfer back, what’s the point? You have enough gold for anything you might conceivably want or need in-game.

I can only conclude that the reason you are trying to amass so much gold is so you can sell it for real $. So, I have no respect for you and I hope Blizzard recognizes this as a kind of exploit and make it against the rules and bans you for gold selling.

Also a cool down on transferring a character of 30(?) days.

I will never understand the mentality of people who treat video game currency with this much reverence.

3 Likes

Not really worth it considering gold transfer limits. I just checked g2g and on Whitemane you can get 500g for $21.

Ease up on the lectures people. I’m mostly just curious about Blizzard’s rules, since overt gold-buying is banned.

You’re gonna drop 50 bucks to make some gold?

Time is money friend. If you value your time at all, spending 50 bucks is just as stupid as grinding herbs/mines for 3 hours.

Not really worth it considering gold transfer limits. I just checked g2g and on Whitemane you can get 500g for $21.

That sounds like a good way to get banned? Or am I missing something

I will never understand the mentality of people who treat video game currency with this much reverence.

It’s the same mentality as people who grind dungeons, raids or rep, so they can collect their BiS gear

Maybe just play the game instead of trying to manipulate markets? Like what’s the point? If you have enough gold to transfer to another server, buy up all the Black Lotus, and then transfer back, what’s the point? You have enough gold for anything you might conceivably want or need in-game.

I wish that was true. Edgemasters are going for 4k gold on a lot of servers. And if you’re trying to get a TF, you’ll need ~10k gold for the mats alone. There are lots of people sitting on 2-3k gold who still need a lot more for the above

Isn’t Whitemane locked to paid transfers to the server right now? (even if you have toons established there).

You could transfer off but good luck getting back.

What do you mean? That is part of the game… There’s literally Auction Houses, and Trade Chat.

Manipulating the market has always been a thing on every video game.

That’s why they locked transfers after they announced the BL fix.

transfers have been locked since week of ZG release.

That’s just a continuation of a policy that’s been in place since 4/17.

This post was edited but you can read the original in the wowhead news page from that date.

There are far more cost effective ways for you to do this, and you wont have to transfer characters, still cost you money, but less, with higher ROI.

Care to elaborate?

I don’t see how this would be disallowed because it is using the tools that Blizzard has explicitly allowed for this to occur.

This is simply doing arbitrage cross-server and, from what I can tell from guildies in-game, it is an extremely highly effective way to make gold. The reason is because your arbitrage is two-way, as in, you bring items with you, exchange them from more value on the items that you bring back. Rinse repeat and pile on that gold.