Are we past Horde vs Alliance?

MoP did the faction war & old god plot really well even though 3 / 5 raids were Old God themed (Heart of Fear / ToES via Sha of Fear, SoO via Sha of Pride and Y’shaarj himself). The other 2 were Mogu / Zandalari themed.

MoP handled it well because the old god stuff was a direct result of the faction war.

But yeah, BFA should’ve been a strict old god plot.

Trying to juggle between 2 separate plots meant that blizzard had to think of some BS way to tie them together. Which they did with the deal between Sylvanas and Azshara.

Hopefully not.

At least if we aren’t, there’s still some chance we might actually get another real Horde leader to replace the Alliance characters leading the Horde now.

I can’t wait until the next city we destroy. Do you think we’ll get an extra orphanage or two in next time? God, I hope so.

My money it’s Tyrande. Elune knows we’ve been getting heavy foreshadowing on that score since the opening of Darkshore.

1 Like

To me it seems that Blizzard lacks in storywriting and creativity; there’s great talent out there and incredible writers only if Blizzard would be willing to hire and pay them and treat them like human beings lol. Also would help if the millions of players had some democratic input over what happens in WoW and not just take an authoritarian answer from Ion

1 Like

After seeing the overall presence of Fan Dumb, I’d have to hit this one with a hard NO.

1 Like

It’d be nice if the faction conflict was over for good and all, but I don’t see it happening sadly.

Burning Teldrassil and committing genocide is not something that you walk away from consequence free. The Horde claimed to be past that sort of thing, and yet when Sylvanas gave the order, the Horde obeyed. The Night Elves will forever have an extremely justified reason to want to go after the Horde. The same can be said for the Zandalari, whom suffered an assault on their fabled city, and lost their King. Talanji is unlikely to ever let the fact that the Alliance killed her father go.

BFA’s story was just so stupid… right on the heels of Legion when we all worked together in ways that really pushed the boundaries, we go right back to killing one another. What a waste…

6 Likes

Having a common enemy doesn’t make us friends once that enemy is defeated. World War 2 proved that in spades when it came to the United States and the Soviet Union.

1 Like

No, what should’ve been the end of the stupid faction conflict wasn’t that we had a common enemy, but that we gave up our superfluous identities to one of two monolithic factions and worked together as class orders, discovering we actually had MUCH more in common than not, and developing mutual respect for one another.

That was the paradigm shift that can’t happen when the two factions just cooperate. Legion essentially dissolved the factions in all but name to have their people work together in new orders.

1 Like

Those class orders however didn’t make sense all the time. In particular, the Silver Hand which had been created specifically to destroy the Horde which had excommunicated Tirion Fiordring for being decent to an orc, was accepting Horde members.

1 Like

More war more war more war more war more war I love fantasy politics more than boring beating up obvious bad guys. Give me a moral crisis over my faction!

1 Like